Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

June 18th, 2009 03:00

NetWorker 7.5.1 - problem with backup of MaxDB database

Dear NetWorker fans!

We are using Networker 7.5 SP1 (server on Linux RH, 64-bit) now. We are using MaxDB 7.7 (7.7.04.28) database backup over NetWorker
(NetWorker Client 7.5.1) using pipe. The problem is that the backup is unsuccessful, in the log file you can see the following message:
ERR
-24920,ERR_BACKUPOP: backup operation was unsuccessful
The backup tool failed with 0 as sum of exit codes.
External program terminated with exit code 1
DBMCLI returned error status E

But It seems that backups is done, only after some kind of check at the end NetWorker find errors!
On NetWorker 7.2 (which we had before) I did not see such error and it works OK even on lower versions of MaxDB (7.6, 7.3 (named SAPDB before)).

on NSR_ENV (/nsr/sapdb/env) there are parameters for NetWorker:
NSR_EXPIRE month
NSR_NOTVERBOSE RECOVER
NSR_EBIDTYPE NSAVETIME
NSR_USEOUTPUT SAVE
NSR_IGNOREERROR " unknown error 109 (0x6d)"
NSR_IGNOREERROR " using unlocked access"
NSR_SIZEROUNDUP LASTINTEGERS

I've changed parameter NSR_USEOUTPUT SAVE ---> NONE, made backup and it was done SUCCESSFULL, but this is not good solution for me because
the check at the end of backup is just ignored !!!

If someone using MaxDB with backup on NetWorker 7.5 without problem (or resolved it), I will respect his suggestion or advice.

Best regards,

Andrej

14.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2009 06:00

I know with 7.3.x and early 7.4.x there was a problem with name pipe at the end and that got fixed in later 7.4.x code... not sure if this is part of 7.5.x.

The issue there was that under 7.2.x you would see something like \\.\pipe\MAXDB1: The pipe has been ended. while in newer code it was \\.\pipe\MAXDB1: Unknown error
and that looked like what has been causing the issue. I'm not sure if NSR_IGNOREERROR " Unknown error" is smart thing to try here (well, it's not, I know)... perhaps checking out this with support would speed up the things...

1 Message

May 11th, 2010 07:00

Hello,

We are getting the same error on MAXDB using version networker 7.4.5 on aix 5.3.  Do you have the fix for this?

1 Message

May 11th, 2010 09:00

Could be an issue with the NSR_SAVETIMEFORMAT - this was a problem with on Unix platforms, when I saw this I had to check the timestamp format via the dbmcli interface.

Also on some versions of Networker (7.3.x) you had to get a patch for the libasm.dll and liblocal.dll files for Wintel boxes, I seem to recall this was built into the 7.4 product stream but it may not have made it into the 7.5 stream.

Also - who is this Nash_Jarrod? Seems very familiar to my id, maybe the voices in my head have taken over.

No Events found!