Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2010 08:00

NetWorker 7.5.3 a stable build

Hi.

I'm seing the same problem with NetWorker 7.5.3 at several different sites. Groups running oracle clients are hanging, and it's not possible to stop the groups with NMC or nsradmin. Some sites have been reverting back to NetWorker 7.5.1 or 7.5.2.

Is EMC going to publish a patch for this issue soon?

Johannes

42 Posts

August 13th, 2010 09:00

Hi Johannes,

I would suggest opening up an service request with Support if you have not already.  You may be running into an issue just recently discovered with 7.5.3 surrounding nsrmmdbd (the media database daemon).  While the Oracle clients are hanging you *may* also be seeing the following types of messages in the sbtio.log file:

ORA-19513: failed to identify sequential file
ORA-27206: requested file not found in media management catalog
continuing other job steps, job failed will not be re-run

When you contact Support, reference esg115532 and provide your daemon.raw file from the NW server and sbtio.log file from the oracle client.  They should be able to point you in the right direction for resolution.

Thanks

Debbie

19 Posts

August 13th, 2010 11:00

Check with support, last I spoke with them 7.5.3.1 was released then pulled and going to be replaced with a different build.

We upgrade to 7.5.3 and experienced alot of the "hanging" and performance issues, opened a ticket with support and verified it to be an issue and Engineering was looking into it, we decided not to wait and to downgrade to 7.5.2.4 and not wait for the patch update. Since the downgrade I've seen much better performance, issues seem to go away.

144 Posts

August 24th, 2010 03:00

I've upgraded our NetWorker 7.5.3 build 514 to the newest build as adviced by EMC. The latest build today is 7.5.3.1 build 533.

We have the same problem with groups hanging. All the groups the have this problem are doing RMAN backups.

I've got an open ticket on this with EMC. It seems there are still problems with this release.

Johannes

144 Posts

August 30th, 2010 02:00

I got the second patched release of 7.5.3 which is 7.5.3.1 build 533. It actually made things worse for us. Many more groups were haning with that build.

But EMC then provides us with a patched savegrp.exe binary to run with build 533. The system has now been running for 4 days without problems.

Johannes

100 Posts

September 1st, 2010 08:00

I have the same problem by one customer.

Can anyone write me the EMC Number that I can order this Fix?

Mike

No Events found!