Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2010 11:00

NetWorker 7.5 SP3 Now Available

We are pleased to announce the availability of NetWorker 7.5 Service Pack 3.

NetWorker 7.5 Service Pack 3 is focused on product quality, improved stability and enhanced supportability while also adding support for new environments.

NetWorker 7.5 SP3 includes the following:

- Accumulated bug fixes

- General Security Services (GSS) Authentication improvements

- Advanced File Type Device (AFTD) improvements including load balancing based on available space

- Integration of the Avamar 5.0 SP1 client software

- Support NetWorker Management Console server on Windows Server 2008 R2

- Support for EMC AutoStart 5.3 SP4

- Addition of LTO-5 tape drives on the device pick-list

For full details on fixes and enhancements in this release, please see the release notes on EMC Powerlink.

28 Posts

July 15th, 2010 15:00

I'm biased, but I'm a big fan of this release.

The GSS and AFTD improvements are important and come directly from customer requests for enhancements. There's also some new performance and resource optimization going on under the covers that should provide for a very solid service pack.

Also, all of these improvements will flow into our next 7.6 release.

14.3K Posts

July 16th, 2010 04:00

It looks interesting release indeed.  I'm not big fan of GSS, but I see where many customers would use it (related to wizards or repository work).  What I find great in this release is AFTD load balancing and TCP window environment variable (I believe before you could play with NSR_SOCK_BUF_UNSET where you would use OS size, but I never really experimented with it - just saw it in strings output of version I run).

14.3K Posts

July 16th, 2010 05:00

Actually, when I look at my nsrd I can see NSR_SOCK_BUF_SIZE there so not sure if this got documented now or was it introduced with recent code only.

1 Message

July 18th, 2010 00:00

Can Anyone know how to upgrade from Networker 7.5 SP1 to Networker 7.5 SP3 ?

144 Posts

July 19th, 2010 09:00

Hi Eric.

The Integration of the Avamar 5.0 SP1 client software sounds very interesting. Espsecially since Avamar 5 supports DR restore of Server 2008.

But I find no further information about how this works? does it mean, that the client only needs to have the Avamar software client installed and NOT the Networker client, but still possible to be backed up by networker to the Avamar dedup system?

Can you please explain this a little bit or point to some place at EMC that does. This is a pretty big thing I think.

Johannes

78 Posts

July 19th, 2010 11:00

Really it's just that the Avamar binaries that are imbedded in the NetWorker client have now been updated to the 5.0 code branch from the previous 4.x. Since the integration is based in the NetWorker client you will need these binaries to run with NetWorker.

Hope this helps Johannes.

Cheers,

Steve

144 Posts

July 20th, 2010 01:00

Hi Steve.

We're getting our Avamar DS 4.1 upgraded to 5 sp2. Then we're going to upgrade our NetWorker to either 7.5.2 or 7.5.3.

What's the benefit of having the new version of avamar client inside the NetWorker client? I know that you can use Avamar 5 sp2 integraded with 7.5.1 so upgrading NetWorker to 7.5.3 is not mandatory if you want to integrade Avamar 5 with NetWorker.

Will it offer any new features, possiblilties or better quality?

Johannes

No Events found!