Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 21st, 2013 12:00

NetWorker 7.6.X support for MAC OS X

Hello Everyone

I've been able to find the NetWorker 8.0 supports a client for MAC OS X but as we are still at 7.6.X and now have a requirement for some MAC workstations to be backed up i'm looking for confirmation that there is a supported solution from NetWorker for this.

Next could this support a Dedicated Storage Node with FC Connectivity to a DD990 VTL based solution?

Thanks

Stephen Strike

Sr. Solutions Designer

736 Posts

January 28th, 2013 06:00

Hi,

NetWorker 7.6.x supports MAC OS versions 10.4 to 10.7.  Mac OS is however not a supported Storage Node platform for NetWorker.  You can however backup these machines through a Storage Node running one of the supported OS's.  You will find a complete list of what is and isn't supported in the EMC NetWorker Software Compatibility Guide

-Bobby

2 Posts

January 28th, 2013 08:00

Hi

I may also have a need in the not to distant future to backup a number of MAC machines using our Networker environment.

We are currently running Networker ver 7.6.3. Am I right in assuming then that to backup these MAC machines it is as simple as installing the MAC OS Networker Client onto these MAC systems and configuring them as a new client within Networker the same way as any other windows client I wish to backup.

James

736 Posts

January 29th, 2013 00:00

Hi James,

Yes, you are correct.  You just need to install the NetWorker client software on the MACs and define these as client instances in NetWorker as you would any other client.  The EMC NetWorker Installation Guide has full instructions on how to install the NetWorker client software on a MAC.

-Bobby

No Events found!