Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2010 19:00

NetWorker Haiku of the Week

Hello, all.

We'd been discussing Social Media and the merits of the expansive vs concise formats offered by competing platforms, when I pointed out that haiku is no less profound for being brief.

I know the NetWorker community has a lot of clever people; we can come up with a good Haiku.

So I'd like to announce a contest:

Please submit a NetWorker Haiku on the theme of "sense of security" to the community between now and next Friday noon, Pacific time.  The winning Haiku will be sent over Twitter to NetWorker users woldwide (*).  And I will pledge an EMC USB memory stick bracelet or some other EMC / NetWorker swag(*) to the winner (**).

As reminder for those of us who went into computers because English class wasn't as memorable, a haiku is a very brief poem in seventeen syllables organized as 5 / 7 / 5.  There is no end rhyme.

So one example might be

NetWorker running / console tailored to my views / I know all is well

Post your ideas!

Richard

(*) I am not in the Marketing team.  They control the Twitter account.  They have the bag of swag.  But I know the marketing team and am pretty sure I can peer-pressure them into posting a good Haiku. and I am sure I can dig into my own stash for a NetWorker or EMC thing I could send to a good home in support of a worthy haiku.  My shirts have been worn, which makes them a poor gift, but I'll find something from one of the "thank you for shipping release X" presents if nothing else.  Or perhaps I can talk the Marketing folk in to sending something more  official / better.

(**) Determination of the judge will be final, unless shouted down by a really large, loud fraction of the participants.

22 Posts

March 21st, 2010 18:00

I'm terrible with haikus, but even I'll give it a go:

Recover add files

NetWorker saved my data

Company survives

or,

NetWorker backup

Clone stage and recover it

Everything OK

If I can manage that, I'm sure someone else can do better!

177 Posts

March 22nd, 2010 15:00

NetWorker Server

Entered my enabler codes

Backups run tonight

334 Posts

March 23rd, 2010 13:00

The Community

Swap solutions together

I can see the light

Not much security in that one!

NetWorker is fast

I rely on it daily

Perfect dreams tonight

I'll help out with some gifts too- mugs, memory sticks, etc.  I think I still owe Preston something for the previous quiz that he answered. :-)   Let's hear from some of the lurkers out there too!

Allan

20 Posts

March 25th, 2010 09:00

I would like to give this a try as well, knowing that I don't have a creative bone in my body

Fedup with backup

Recovery a worry

NetWorker the best

Anu

334 Posts

March 28th, 2010 16:00

The votes are in!  The winning Haiku was:

Recover add files

NetWorker saved my data

Company  survives

Congratulations to Preston. :-)  I'll send you a private message to figure out the reward.

Allan

10 Posts

March 28th, 2010 17:00

Thanks, Allan.

22 Posts

March 28th, 2010 19:00

Thanks to everyone that voted for me - I really liked the other entrants haikus too.

No Events found!