Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 3rd, 2013 12:00

NetWorker User program (conf file: networkr.cfg) ignore for Single file or folder

I used local directives through NetWorker User program (conf file: networkr.cfg). In this case, Networker does not use the configuration saved in the local networkr.cfg when configured to exclude a particular file or folder. Instead it is applied if we want to exclude an entire drive. This problem is with Version 7.6.2 Build 631 and 7.5 SP3 Build 514

That is,

To exclude a drive from backup:

1. Open EMC Networker User program

2. Load “Local Directives”

3. Deselect a Drive

4. Save “Local Directives”

This process works fine.

On the other hand, while excluding a single file or folder, the same process is followed and the settings are saved in the networkr.cfg file BUT the program ignores them. When you reopen Networker User program window, you will observe that the files are again selected for backup and not excluded.

Also if the networkr.cfg does not exist, it does not create the file nor does it warn you that the file does not exist.

Can you confirm is this issue is with the above mentioned versions of Networker.

147 Posts

November 12th, 2013 20:00

Hi,

I have find and search it was bug with EMC Networker version 7.6.2. We upgarde version 7.6.5 and issue resolved.

Thanks

moin

544 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 20:00

Hi Moin,

On Windows, users can create local directives with the NetWorker User program. These directives are saved in a file named networkr.cfg.

When you perform a manual backup from the NetWorker User program, only local directives that were created with the NetWorker User program are enforced. Global directives and local directive files (nsr.dir files) are notenforced. However, all local directives are enforced when a NetWorker savewithout the -i option is run at the command-prompt. NetWorker User program local directives are also enforced during scheduled backups and archive operation

Depending on user privileges and OS version, the User program creates networkr.cfg in one of these locations:

• If you are logged on with local Windows Administrator or Backup Operator privileges, networkr.cfg is created in the root of the system volume (usually C:\).

•If you are not logged on with local Windows Administrator or Backup Operator privileges, NETWORKR.CFG is created in %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\Legato

Also try to files format not only a specific file , like exculding +skip: *.obj , and try if this works or not.

Hope this helps,

Ahmed Bahaa

147 Posts

January 8th, 2013 12:00

Hi,

Yes you are right but we are getting below issue also.

When we login server and edit User Program GUI directive and make 1 or 2 deselections(exclude) of files or folders,

it seems to updated in the Networkr.cfg file. If, however, I have multiple deselections(exculde),

it seems to over write the networkr.cfg file with only the latest deselections(exculde) and the previous ones are once again selected.

No Events found!