Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2014 01:00

Networker 8.1 NMM 3.0 SP1 and Exchange 2013 SP1 Recovery RDB problem

Hello. Backing up Exchange is successful , but when you restore

Database recover-nothing found

RDB data recover-asks for a login and password, writes an error to the picture below.

Password of the account that you used when you configure NMM is not accepted

1.7K Posts

March 19th, 2014 01:00

Hello Mandri,

Can you please run NMM Config Checker with the same user you are logged in and check out the results?

Also could you please run the NMM Config Checker with the same account set for Replication Manager Exchange Interface service and check out the results?

Thank you,

Carlos

91 Posts

March 19th, 2014 02:00

Hello CarlosRoja!

The Microsoft Exchange Replication service runs under the local system account.
А report about the launch and successful completion of the NMM Config Checker as an attachment.

1 Attachment

1.7K Posts

March 19th, 2014 03:00

Hi Mandri,

Please note that there are 2 RM services:

1.- Replication Manager Client for RMAgentPS -> Should be running under Local System account

2.- Replication Manager Exchange Interface -> should be running under user account with all required local, domain and Exchange permissions.

I believe this is the issue here, the log in user set for service Replication Manager Exchange Interface.

Thank you,

Carlos

91 Posts

March 19th, 2014 03:00

I made a mistake, I thought that it was a Microsoft Exchange Replication.

Yes, there are service

Replication Manager Exchange Interface is run from a domain account

Replication Manager Client for RMAgentPS-runs from the local system account

1.7K Posts

March 20th, 2014 02:00

Hi Mandri,

Does the domain account have all required permissions on Exchange as well?

Also, do you run NMM GUI with the option "Run as Administrator"?

Thank you,

Carlos

1 Message

March 24th, 2014 13:00

Mandri,

We are trying to get Exchange 2013 SP1 to backup and are curious if you having problems with full backups.  Incremental backups work but not fulls.  We get errors such as ' is not a valid database saveset name'.

Not trying to hijack the thread but if it is working for you I'm curious if you did anything in particular since applying SP1 to get it to work.  Prior to SP1 it worked fine for us.

Stephen

2 Posts

May 22nd, 2014 18:00

HI Mandri,

Our environment is exhibiting the exact same issue. Did you ever find a resolution to the problem??

Thanks in advance,

Brett

1.7K Posts

May 23rd, 2014 00:00

Hello Mandri

Did you manage to solve this issue? If so, would you mind to share the solution with us?

If you eventually opened a case with support, could you please let me know the SR #?

Thank you,

Carlos

June 10th, 2014 18:00

I am having the exact same issue.  I have a ticket opened up currently but no solution yet.  NMM is also crashing with the following error:

Faulting application name: WinClient.exe, version: 3.0.1.2, time stamp: 0x52e2cb6b

Faulting module name: libnmersg.dll, version: 3.0.1.2, time stamp: 0x52e2c9c3

Exception code: 0xc0000005

This is on Exchange 2013 SP1 CU5 running on Server 2012 R2.  NMM 3.0 SP1 and Networker 8.1.1.2.

GLR also fails.  I can see the recovery create a GLR DB that is mounted, but you cannot browse anything in the GUI.  I am able to recover mailboxes manualling using Exchange powershell from the GLR DB. 

1.7K Posts

June 11th, 2014 07:00

Hi Jwisniewski,

There is a binary that support has to provide to support Exchange 2013 SP1.

Check with GovinderM, as he just got it, as he mention in the following thread:

https://community.emc.com/message/819373?et=watches.email.thread#819373

Thank you,

Carlos

June 11th, 2014 07:00

Unfortunately it looks like that was for Exchange 2010, not 2013.  I'll mention it to the engineer though. 

No Events found!