Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 5th, 2018 03:00

Networker 8.2 Linux backup failing as file "changed during save"

Folks

We have a backup running on an RHEL7.1 server which consistently fails with the warnings below,

-- Job Indications ---

Unable to close the save session: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

Warning: `/opt/sas/config/Lev1/Web/activemq/data/kahadb/db-83.log' changed during save

Warning: `/opt/sas/config/Lev1/WebInfrastructurePlatformDataServer/data/base/16384/18250' changed during save

I'm not sure whether the changed file error is the problem or the authentication error above that, does anyone know what is causing the failure?

Any Help Appreciated

Michael

2.4K Posts

April 11th, 2018 11:00

Sorry - I did not look at the pathnames. You need to a line that applies to this specific directory (tree).

The standard directive does not apply to "/opt...."

The line should read like

<< /opt >>               or whatever directory you want to start with

+logasm: .

23 Posts

April 5th, 2018 05:00

Thanks Bingo, I can have a look at this.

So you don't think the authentication error on the line above is relevant?

Regards

Michael

2.4K Posts

April 5th, 2018 05:00

Such indicates that the file changed from creating the worklist until it will be backed up. Obvious for log files.

NW should notice the changes but this should not result in an error.

To overcome the issue you should apply the UNIX standard directive which used 'logasm' to suppress these messages.

To learn more about directives, please see the Command Line Reference manual (uasm).

2.4K Posts

April 5th, 2018 07:00

I think it is irrelevant. But let's see what you will get after you applied the directive.

23 Posts

April 11th, 2018 03:00

Hi Bingo

We applied the UNIX directive but are still getting the same error. Any further ideas?

Regards

Michael

23 Posts

April 16th, 2018 23:00

Cheers Bingo, that seems to have worked.

Thanks for your help

Michael

No Events found!