Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2016 07:00

Networker 8.2 - save - no matching devices for save of client...

Networker 8.2

Server/Client CentOS 7.0

Trying to determine why my regular scheduled backups are successful but when I attempt to run the save command from a client I receive the following error:

Unable to setup direct save with server servername: no matching devices for save of client clientname; check storage nodes, devices or pools.

Cannot open a save session with NetWorker server servername: no matching devices for save of client clientname; check storage nodes devices or pools

Not really sure where to begin troubleshooting this..

Thanks

2.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2016 12:00

You obviously have mis-pooled.

Make your familiar with pools - they sort data depending on this top-down sequence:

groups

clients

save sets

levels

If you run manual backups, there is no group. Consequently the same pool will not apply.

How to overcome that? - simply specify the pool directly with the save command like:

save -b /etc

96 Posts

November 23rd, 2016 04:00

As bingo says, you have to specify more things when you run a manual save. If you run save with no arguments,

1. The command will send the current directory backup to your networker server and to the Default pool, with default policies. So, be sure the networker server has a default volume available and that nsrserverhost is listed in storage node list for this client. If nsrserverhost is not in the list, you can add it, or specify the right storage node with -J parameter.

2. If you want to send the backup to a specific pool, you can use -b parameter.

In resume:

save -J -b pool

Check which storage node and pool are configured in your scheduled backup, and the command should work.

No Events found!