Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

February 5th, 2016 04:00

Networker 9 - Data Domain Device Wizard Problem

Hello,

i am working on a small environment to test different backup scenarios and to get some more familiar with networker 9. Therefore i did install NW9VE and I am trying to get a second DD160 running at the NW9VE Installation.

I get the message:

Invalid value for attribute 'device access information': Name 'dd02.nw9demo.lab' is not a valid host name.

The first DD160 with hostname dd01.nw9demo.lab was added successfully. Anyone got an idea?

Regards,

Patric

1 Rookie

• 

68 Posts

February 5th, 2016 05:00

Looks like it is really a DNS problem from the NW VE Appliance. IP Address worked like a charm - i am now trying to geton the appliance via ssh but i think "#" in password is not allowed have to change it first

1 Message

Good day Patric,

Did you try putting the hostname and fqdn in hosts file of NW server ?

Bst rgds

173 Posts

Firewall or name resolution, can you resolve short name, FQDN and also IP to name, from both sides??

14.3K Posts

DNS?

6 Posts

July 21st, 2016 05:00

We are having the same issue when trying to add New DD device as a second device to the Networker v9.0 with the type called "Backup Clone" with the intention of use for CCR.

July 21st, 2016 07:00

Hi Patric,

Is not about the Netwroker 9.0.it happens with all version with Data domain.

This issue Comes for communication that could be DNS. Most of the time we don't have Data domain configured on DNS.

If you wanna use DD hostname for the device configuration.

Add the DD name and storage node name host file (same for storage node) .Add networker (server or storage node)IP with hostname @ Data domain hosts.

# net hosts add

it will work without DNS

No Events found!