Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 16th, 2017 03:00

Networker Exchange restore

Hello.

I want to do a GLR of an Exchange 2013 but the space that i have free on C:\ is only 4GB.

When i start the restore data disk information is written in "C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\tmp" but due to only 4GB free space on C:\ drive i have to abort it cause is fill up the space.

Is there a way to redirect the path "C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\tmp" to another disk with sufficient space so i can proceed with the restore with problem?

Thanks

May 29th, 2017 04:00

Is all about the module version, 9.0 doesn't seems to have the option to change the default tmp directory but 9.1 do have those options. Thank you all

14.3K Posts

March 7th, 2017 05:00

I didn't work with NMM for long time, but in the past there was variable you could use to specify temporary destination space so I assume it still exists - check it out in docs.

263 Posts

March 7th, 2017 07:00

When you use the NMM GUI, you first would select ‘Recover -> Exchange Recover Session -> Granular Recover

Next you select ‘Recovery Options -> Exchange Tab’ and specify the mount path and time to keep the Exchange backup mounted (default is 8 hours).  This is where you can specify the location where Exchange backup will be mounted.

Next you select the mailbox database to browse. Then right click on the mailbox database and there will be new options ‘Mount backup’, Unmount backup’ and ‘Mount Details’.   Select ‘Mount backup’ to mount the backup for the mailbox database to a path under the Mount Path.

On successful mount there will be a system tray icon for the BBB Mount Service

View the monitor window for the Exchange mount paths. There will be 2 mount paths, one for database and the other for the log files. The status of the mount/unmount will be displayed here.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

No Events found!