Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2017 12:00

Networker FLR Fails to Mount VM

Hello,

Currently, I login to my networker FLR interface with a user that is a local admin on the networker server.  From there, I am able to see my Vcenter servers and browse my VMs.  When I attempt a FLR by selecting a VM, it prompts me for credentials.  I have tried local users on the VM as well as domain users which are administrators and they all fail (it mounts and then starts initiating and then prompts for credentials again) with "unable to browse destination, please check the setup of the VM".  I feel somewhere I have setup permissions incorrectly.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

August 23rd, 2017 06:00

Hello!

i had same problem on flrestore.

please see chapter "Restoring specific folders or files to the original virtual machine in User mode" page 125

also check "Create a user in the NetWorker authentication service (User mode file-level restore only) " page 121

https://www.emc.com/collateral/TechnicalDocument/docu81544.pdf

August 24th, 2017 05:00

Also you could check the port requirements. This error could be from the DD connection with ESXi Server

Check if ports 111, 2049 and 2052 is opened from ESXi Server to Data Domain

ESX servers --> Data Domain 111, 2049, 2052 File-level recovery and instant recovery

Check Manual at page 23 "Port requirements "

3 Posts

September 6th, 2017 09:00

Thanks.  I tried this from the user mode on a test server that I have backed up and when I login as a user, I receive the error "Unable to get client.  Error occurred on the server" message after logging in.  If I login as admin, I see all my VMs, and can get as far as mounting but then get stuck at the password prompt.  I've tried using the VMs local admin, domain admin, etc. and just haven't had any luck.  I'm sure I'm missing something very simple.

September 7th, 2017 00:00

Well. for that user you assigned in Networker membership? Add that local user in Users, Aplication Administration and FLrecover groups then give it a try.

10 Posts

August 1st, 2018 05:00

pantelimon_alexandru  Do you have the clear steps to resolve this issue as I am facing this error recently while performing FLR. I was able to do this FLR from NetWorker Admin console some few months ago and now it is not working.

My Networker server version: 9.2.1.2

Target VM Windows: Server 2012 (64 Bit)

vProxy version: emc-vProxy-FLRAgent-2.1.1-41_1.x86_64

Error

Unable to browse destination

Please check the setup of the VM.

[Unable to retrieve device information for mount of clone "xxxxxxxxxxx" of saveset yyyyyyyyyy: Unable to retrieve Data Domain information. ]

We have tried so many recommendations suggested by EMC. Didn't help. We are running out of options.

38 Posts

August 1st, 2018 08:00

Update the DD device access information to use the same name format as the DD system.  For example, if the DD system is using the short name, then the DD device access configuration should be updated to reflect the short name.  Here is an overview of the instructions to validate and update the Device access information:

1. ​Open the NetWorker Management Console (NMC).
  2. Select the "Devices" tab.
  3. In the left pane tree-view, select "Data Domain Systems".
  4. In the right pane detail view, determine if the Data Domain name is using the short name, fully qualified domain name, or the IP address.
  5. In the left pane tree-view, select "Devices".
  6. In the right pane detail view, right click the device and select "Modify device properties".
  7. In "General" tab, ensure the "Device access information" is using the same format as the Data Domain name.
  8. Select OK in the Device Properties window to save the changes.

10 Posts

August 1st, 2018 23:00

aijaz  Thanks a lot. It worked now.

38 Posts

August 2nd, 2018 08:00

Happy to help always .:)

No Events found!