Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2015 03:00

Networker NDMP backup created one .dpt file inside the index folder which is occupying bulk space??

Hi All,

In networker index folder for NDMP backup it has created one .dpt file which is ~440GB size so can delete the file ??If not the how to reduce the size??

Please find the below screen shot for reference:

NDMP.jpg

14.3K Posts

September 30th, 2015 07:00

It is strange you see it... dpt is directory prefix table.  Try to do nsrck -L6 for that client and see if that makes any difference (if file is gone).  I assume when you saw dpt file no backup was active for that index space?

47 Posts

January 7th, 2016 02:00

The client is a NDMP client.

21 Posts

January 7th, 2016 04:00

Hi

does that file exist after backup completion ? or only while the backup is running ?

- this file should not exist while the backup is running , I think it is one of the index conversation temp files

it should not also grow to that size , it should normally be big , but not that big ! how many directories do you have on the File system that is being backed up ?

Does that file system host any Automatic Build application like Jenkins

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Meet+Jenkins

I must say that I did see such problem happening , but only when the FS was used by a software automation build/test tools , where the created directory structure is very complex and sometimes "circular"

- if this File size is blocking the operation of the NW server host by filling up the NW server FS , then you must stop the backup or abort the NDMP backup process (nsrndmp_save)

- is this problem consistent ? or only intermittent

regards

Shareef

14.3K Posts

January 7th, 2016 07:00

sokundu wrote:

The client is a NDMP client.

Yes, we know that from the title of this thread My question was something else.

No Events found!