DaleMido
2 Bronze

Networker Report

Is there any way to create/export Networker Report without some default columns?
I create /Reports/Policy Statistics/Client Details Report and hide some unwanted columns. I save this report like "test_ClientDetails_aaa", and try to create it in pdf version with command:
.\gstclreport.bat -u '****' -P '****' -r '/Reports/Policy Statistics/Client Details/test_ClientDetails_aaa' -f 'C:\Networker\pdf\aaa'
In new aaa.pdf file I have again all columns like in the default Client Details Report.
How can I create new pdf report with my command but without some columns?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bingo.1
4 Ruthenium

Re: Networker Report

Hello,

I think this is not directly possible as NW just recognizes the name of the report as it exists in the GUI (the resources) and it follows the internally coded instructions.

Howewer, if you create (NW calls this export) the report to a CSV file and if you run on Windows, it should be easy. Just create a short PowerShell scripts that uses import-csv path_to_import_file |select $desired_columns only read the columns you really want to see.

Next would be to create a pdf from this report. Here is a MS link which will obviously help: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/30427.creating-pdf-files-using-powershel...

0 Kudos
DaleMido
2 Bronze

Thanks for your answer but I am not sure that I can use this.
I am trying to create a .cmd script which will create some reports and send it to some people. I plan to schedule it to run every day in specific time.
I can't understand what is a different in usage of "canned report" and "custom report"?
I created a custom report called "xxx" (/Reports/Policy Statistics/Client Details/xxx). In this report I added only two clients and I hided some columns. In "View Report" tab it looks perfect.
But, when I call it from script with command
gstclreport -u "user" -P "pwd" -r "/Reports/Policy Statistics/Client Details/xxx" -f "aaa1" -o landscape (it creates aaa1.pdf file),
but it made the same thing like a command that calls canned report :
gstclreport -u "user" -P "pwd" -r "/Reports/Policy Statistics/Client Details" -f "aaa2" -o landscape (it creates aaa2.pdf file).
Files aaa1.pdf and aaa2.pdf are equal. I supposed that file aaa1.pdf will have only two clients (and I hoped that it will not have hided columns) but both files (aaa1 and aaa2) have all clients and all columns.
Only with use of -C "Client Name" "client_name" in command I can control number of clients in new report. And still is equal if I use "canned report" or "custom report".
"NetWorker_19.3_Command_Reference_Guide" says:
"OPTIONS -r reportname This required option specifies the name of the report to run. This may be either a canned report, or a custom report created by a user. Drill down reports of either kind cannot be run from gstclreport."
How can I call my custom report with gstclreport command? What did I do wrong? What does this "drill down reports" mean (my English is not the best)?

0 Kudos
bingo.1
4 Ruthenium

What you desperately need is the Documentation Portfolio, a PDF file containing all PDFs for a certain NW version. Here you will find the Command Line Reference which contains the 'NW holy book' because in the end NW just works from the command line which in general is more precise and also more powerful that the GUI.

Just look for the command 'gstclreport' on the left hand side and go through the description. Here you will find that you need to use the option '-x type' to control the export output type.

Maybe that you will also see a brief online help using 'gstlcreport -?' or 'gstlcreport -h' - sorry, but I don't use gstlcreport at all.

I am sure you will find your way ....

BTW - I am also not a native 'englishman'

0 Kudos