Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

5 Posts

April 3rd, 2020 12:00

Networker Virtual Edition discovery into CMDB

Hi,

When using Networker VE, 9.2 or 18.x, with a CMDB that wants to use authenticated discovery, what is the best way to do that? I see that we can configure SMTP based notification, but that is not helpful when the CMDB wants to discover the appliance itself. Options given me by the CMDB team are we can use SSH with a dedicated user (Can I safely add a user to an appliance?) or SNMP, but I have not seen any guidance in the docs to enable and configure either. I am asking generically as this may be generic for many, but if it matters, we are talking about Service-Now MID. Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

April 6th, 2020 00:00

@pedrosasquatch, You can use the nsrtrap command in the notification of the policy/workflow/action/client to generate trap on backup events. Or you could use the same command on the general notification resource. The NetWorker MIB files in under the folder /opt/nsr/snmp

August 3rd, 2020 11:00

Hi crazyrov,

That helps explain trapping out of, but not discovery of the Networker Virtual Edition node. Being that this is a SuSE based appliance, it has a fairly normal shell and could potentially handle normal SSH based algorithms. What I am looking for is guidance as to whether we do SNMP based discovery of the node, of the app or SSH. Has anyone ever done a discovery based import of a Networker (and by extension Avamar) node into a CMDB or has it all been by hand?

No Events found!