New NW admin here. I'm trying to provide a report to my leadership about the amount of data backed up by each NW datazone (we have multiple).
Does anyone have any suggestions what tools or reports can provide me answers to the following questions?
- How many TB is the NW server protecting? In other words, it would be somthing similar to me doing a "df -k" on all of my unix servers protected by NW and summing up either the used or total capacity. Mainly, I want the total protected TB per NW client so I can sum it up, and possibly categorize by line of business or by app. I would provide the hostname-to-LOB mapping by using our own CMDB.
- How many TB is backed up to each device over a 1-week or 1-month period? I'd like to be able to categorize how much data is going to tape vs disk. We would use this as a metric to measure our progression to a tapeless environment.
I know DPA has all this but we don't have that available to us, at least not for several months. What I have at my disposal is
1) NW Management Console
2) Verbose output from networkerquick.sh for each NW server
This may look weird but this is only one report which 'loads' the NW server - the rest can be done by running other reports from this report. I use Powershell for this purpose. For instance you could ...
- easily summarize the column 'totalsize' and find out the total amount
- sort by client, filter the table for his save sets and summarize that