Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 4th, 2018 07:00

Number of restore streams

Hi,

The number of simultaneous streams available for backups (save streams) is managed by the  server parallelism setting, does this also apply to the number of streams used for restores?

The 9.x performance and optimisation guide states that you can configure server parallelism up to 1024. So if you are doing 100% restores  could you in theory be restoring 1024 saveset's simultaneously?

I understand server and client parallelism (at least I think I do), however I've never thought of it from a restore perspective.

Thanks in advance.

T

2.4K Posts

July 5th, 2018 09:00

yes - there is no restriction for what direction streams must be used.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

July 6th, 2018 01:00

Indeed, the server parallelism decides the total number of streams handled  by the said NetWorker at the same time. it include backup, restore and clones.

9 Posts

July 6th, 2018 01:00

Hi Bingo,

Thanks for your reply.

That's what I had assumed but its good to get confirmation from someone else.

Another  question, what restore speeds would you typically see in your environment? The speeds we see seem to vary a lot, one job could be 200G/hr and another could be a low as 40 or 50G/hr, just wondering what might be considered the norm out there.

Thanks again for your time.

9 Posts

July 9th, 2018 02:00

Hi CrazyRov,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

Can you tell me what sort of restore speeds you would get in your environment? We are getting anywhere from about 20G/hr to about 200G/hr using DDBoost and client direct for the majority of clients.Just wondering if this is about expected or should we be doing better.

Thanks again for your reply.

No Events found!