Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2012 06:00

ORA-01406: fetched column value was truncated during oracle client backup configuration

When i am configuring oracle client backup for online backup through NMO configuration wizard i am getting error: ORA-01406: fetched column value was truncated.

NW backup server os version: RedHat Linux

Networker backup version: 7.6.3

Client os version:Redhat Linux

Oracle client version: 7.6.2

NMO version: 5.0

February 27th, 2012 19:00

Hello,

you can try the steps mentioned in the  following kb article for the resolution of the issue you are facing related to  configuration of NMO using client wizard.

http://solutions.emc.com/EMCSolutionView.asp?id=esg126926&usertype=C

Thank you ,

Vishwanath Krishnappa

139 Posts

February 28th, 2012 07:00

But which column i need to modify? However i have created script through "typical scheduled backup" in NMO wizard but backup is failing with error: The NSR client resource for "Oracle server" could not be located."

736 Posts

February 29th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

According to the support note,  you need to find the column with the largest string value in order to know what to modify.  I don't think you'll be able to get this from the NetWorker side, you'll need to find this through Oracle and contact Oracle support if you are having trouble finding exactly what you need to do.  As regards, the 'NSR client... could not be located' error message, the most likely cause is that the NSR_CLIENT parameter that you set up with the wizard is not correctly configured.

As a general rule, if you have an error message like this and you're not sure what it means, you can look in up in the NMO Administration Guide.  In 'Troubleshooting and Error Messages', there's a long list of error messages and their explanations.

-Bobby

544 Posts

February 29th, 2012 14:00

Make sure the database is running in UTF-8 encoding

No Events found!