I've one networker with 5 oracle Licences, can I delete one client remaining the backups and configure a new client with new backups?
If I want to restore, for some reason, the deleted client backup I'm able to do it? Or when I delete the client I'll lose the metadata/backups of this client?
You only need a license for new backups. A license will be used with the first backup of a client.
As long as you do not delete the save sets/the backup media, you will always be able to recover.
To release a license is a bit more complicated. Let me suggest you do the following:
- Run nsrls client to verify the number of entries in the client file index (CFI).
- Run nsrlic -v and check for the 'connected' Oracle clients
- Rename your file index directory for that client
- Run nsrim
- Run nsrlic -v again. You will hopefully not see the one client any longer. Worst case, restart NW.
- Rename the client's CFI directory to the old pathname.
- Run nsrls client to verify the entries.
AFAIR this should release an existing client & DB license.