Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2012 05:00

Oracle restoration through NMO.

Hi All,

Could someone explain me how to restore oracle database to same server and database and HOW TO RESTORE CONTROL FILE as when i am restoring from nwrecover wizard it is showing that "0 matching files...." eventhough control files is there.

1.7K Posts

February 25th, 2012 22:00

Hi Sabarna,

Did you take on-line or off-line backups? In other words, did you use NMO (NetWorker Module for Oracle) or NMDA (NetWorker Module for Databases and Applications)?

Did you modify RMAN script to backup control file?

Set up RMAN backups of the database and related files

Set up an RMAN backup with NMO to back up the following files:

Oracle database (all the datafiles)

Archived redo logs

Control file

Initialization parameter file SPFILE (server-managed parameter file)

Follow the instructions in the preceding chapters of this guide to properly configure and run the RMAN backup with NMO.

For example, to include the control file and SPFILE in the backup, you can add the following commands to the RMAN backup script:

backup current control file

backup spfile

The RMAN documentation provides details on RMAN commands and scripts. If you want to back up PFILE (user-managed parameter file) or other files that Oracle

RMAN does not back up, you can use a postcommand script. Set up a postcommand script for backup of Oracle-related files on page 131 provides details on setting up the postcommand script.

In the NetWorker indexes, the NWORA resource file backup is stored under the "backup" namespace. As a result, the NetWorker recover or nwrecover program can be used to restore the backup. The save set name for the backup is the same as the file pathname.

Note: The file is stored under the "backup" namespace, not the "oracle" namespace.

Please take a look at the documentation for further information in restore procedures:

https://powerlink.emc.com/nsepn/webapps/btg548664833igtcuup4826/km/live1//en_US/Offering_Technical/Technical_Documentation/300-006-993.pdf

Thank you.

Carlos.

173 Posts

February 27th, 2012 06:00

Turn on control file autobackup, restore control file which was backed up within script body is hard work…

Regards

Lukas

139 Posts

February 27th, 2012 06:00

Actually previously i have not taken controlfile backup. Now i have included controlfile backup command into RMAN script. Now it is working fine during restoration. But we should make sure that before restoring the Oracle database restoration we must restore control file.

Separately i have given control file backup script below.

[root@Oracle_client tmp]# cat script

RUN {

ALLOCATE CHANNEL CH1 TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';

SEND 'NSR_ENV=(NSR_SERVER=backup_server,NSR_CLIENT=Client_name)';

restore controlfile to '/PATH/name.ctl' from 'controlfilename' or AUTOBACKUP';

RELEASE CHANNEL CH1;

}

14.3K Posts

April 26th, 2013 14:00

Sounds like you have separate problem than what has been discussed before - please open separate thread for that.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 26th, 2013 14:00

I am doing the backup using the script, it works but it is very slow. Almost 60 KBS instead of 30/50 MBS when using other file restore. Any info?? thanks

NW 7.6.3

DD990

using nmda.

oracle 11g

No Events found!