Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2017 23:00

Problem in adding a new host in NMC

Hi every body

please help ,

I have 2 networker server (v9.0.1.5) and a NMC (on a dedicated host) with same version.

now I want to add a new networker server in my plan , that its version is 9.1 ,

but when I try to add this new host in my NMC , have an ERROR ! and said me : "unable to connect to server. unable to set user privileges based on user token for administrator on "new host name" : Failed to validate security token."

sdsds.jpg

NMC host name is : SRVCA56-SITE055.site.tehran.iri

and this error is accured on NMC !

can you help me ?

why this error happened? and what I should to do for solve this problem?

thanks.

Mahdi

14.3K Posts

February 7th, 2017 14:00

Is administrator@SRVCA56-SITE055.site.tehran.iri on admin list of your 9.1 backup server?  (I assume nsraddadmin command still exists in 9.1 so you can try on that backup server to add that from CLI by running nsraddadmin -u administrator@SRVCA56-SITE055.site.tehran.iri).

14 Posts

February 8th, 2017 02:00

Hi Hrvoje

Thanks for answer.

today I try you command and else I used to some another commands like:

nsrauthtrust -H srvca56-site055.site.tehran.iri -P 9090

nsraddadmin -H srvca56-site055.site.tehran.iri -P 9090

but there is some problem else .

ssd.jpg

now it told me : Server rejected credential !

(not console of management of this networker server can be opened, but in each page of console tabs, show this error.

do you know why this error happened?

-thanks

14.3K Posts

February 8th, 2017 03:00

I'm not sure what -H and -P are in NW9 (but it seems obvious), but it looks like auth model is changed a bit there.  The error you get now (rejected credentials)  I have seen in past where there was difference between auth model between NMC and backup server.  As this is now reported by server, do you see any additional log entry at that time in server log?

21 Posts

November 29th, 2017 05:00

We are seeing this same issue and wanted to see if there was a resolution for it

Thank you

Randy

November 30th, 2017 23:00

Go to networker server and run following commands

Nsrauthtrust - H networker-server-_host -name -P 9090

Nsraddadmin -H networker- server -P 9090

December 1st, 2017 03:00

If you are also getting server rejected credentials then clear peer information for networker server on Nmc host and. On networker server for Nmc host . You should be able login then

No Events found!