Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

August 29th, 2014 06:00

Problem with Recovery of Block Based Backups via NMC

Hi,

I have a problem with a recovery of Block Based Backups via NMC. Environment Description: NetWorker Server 8.1.1 (SLES) with locally installed NMC and a NetWorker Storage Node 8.1.1 (Windows Server 2012 x64) with connected Data Domain DD160. Drive I:\ is ONLY backed up every evening via BBB to DD device, no regular filesystem backup. Now I have to restore a directory...

Here a mminfo from backups of that Storage Node:

netwrk01:/nsr/logs # mminfo -q "client=XYZ" -r "name,savetime,level,sumsize,volume" -ot

name                            date     lvl volume

I:\                           23.08.2014 full 439 GB FAHRO.002

I:\                           25.08.2014 full 437 GB FAHRO.002

I:\                           26.08.2014 full 437 GB FAHRO.002

I:\                           27.08.2014 full 405 GB FAHRO.002

I:\                           28.08.2014 full 407 GB FAHRO.002

If I try to recovery via NMC Recover button ad choose client XYZ, NMC shows me some general information like OS, NetWorker version and earlierst / latest backup... Everything's fine so far. But in the "Available Recovery Types" section I only get "Filesystem" with 15 backups (even without traditional backup!) and "Snapshot Manaagement" with 0. No type "Block Based Backup". No chance to recover any data, because if I try to restore a Filesystem recovery type, I get a message "No backups found for this client at this time."

Any ideas how to recovery in this case?

Regards

René

14.3K Posts

September 1st, 2014 14:00

I didn't play much with BBB, but if I were you I would try quick&dirty way where I would create additional disk (on some VM if necessary) which would be same size as original I disk and would do ssid restore there.

September 3rd, 2014 00:00

Hello,

Did you try the following command on your client?

• recover -k mount  -S [SSID]

It schould mount your backup as a virtual file system in your client. Then you can copy the file you want in your system. To unmount the file system iguess the command is:

• recover -k unmount

Hope it will helping you.

Cheers

Greg

October 16th, 2014 13:00

Hi,

I had a similar problem,

you need cross check the index of the client, and export the storage unit for cifs with server name short, if you use the ddboost

in my case this solved.

sorry my english

No Events found!