Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 2nd, 2014 10:00

Problems with connect to client Networker

Hi, I install EMC Networker to Server, but one moment when I was installing client to HOST X, I cancelled installation.

And today I want install client Networker to HOST X, but I have problem!!!! It isn't very clear, because yesterday I could Connect to HOST X and yesterday this error wasn't! I re-install client Networker to HOST X, but error remained. Please help!!

Безымянный.jpg

March 4th, 2014 03:00

Thank guys!!! We did this problem!

I did this:

Run the following commands on both NetWorker Server and the problematic client:

C:\>nsradmin -p nsrexec
NetWorker administration program.
Use the "help" command for help.
nsradmin> . type: nsrla
Current query set
nsradmin> show auth methods
nsradmin> print

Does it show as below on both NetWorker Server and the problematic client?

auth methods: "0.0.0.0/0,nsrauth/oldauth"; 

If not, run:

update auth methods:"0.0.0.0/0, nsrauth/oldauth "

2. Update peer information:

On the client:

nsradmin -p nsrexec
print type: nsr peer information; name:
delete

On the networker server:

nsradmin -p nsrexec
print type: nsr peer information; name:
delete

My problem disappeared!!!

14.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2014 12:00

Do you have any error message in daemon.raw?  Something about peer information?  That could be one reason not to have this working (or nsrauth disabled).  You can try to defined it manually without wizard use and that should work just fine.

1.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2014 18:00

Authentication errors can occur for multiple reasons and  may be indicative of   multiple issues that need to be addressed. In order to  provide the most accurate fix, review each of the following  resolutions as one or more may apply to the environment:

1. On the client machine, ensure that nsrexecd process is available.   
  2. Update the client's /nsr/res/servers (UNIX) or C:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\res\servers (Windows) file with all known aliases for the NetWorker server.   
  3. Verify that name resolution between backup server and client is working correctly.  This includes all NIC's on the NetWorker client are resolvable by the backup server (Include reverse name lookup).

If the issue persists, disablethe use of GSS strong auth from NMC or using nsradmin.

nsradmin -p nsrexec

. type:NSRLA

show auth methods

print

update auth methods= "0.0.0.0/0,oldauth”

y

print

March 3rd, 2014 00:00

Hi friend,  today I try do all that is described above, but problem remained.

But on Host Y today I install client Networker and it worked!!!

What else can I try?

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

March 3rd, 2014 00:00

I assume you are still referring to the same Host X as Host Y !!

On Both the server and the respective client machine make a host entry for one another. i.e on the Client machine make a hosts entry for the server IP/hostname and on the server make a hosts entry for the client machine's IP/Hostname.

March 3rd, 2014 01:00

I try this, but my DNS server work good!

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

Have you tried renaming the /nsr/res/nsrladb and /nsr/tmp on the client machine to get rid of any corrupt or unwanted entries? If not please give that a try too.

Also, does your NetWorker server have more than one IP address ? If yes, define all the IP's in the client machines Hosts file too.

Nothing! Nothing work! Host X and Host Y ping to DNS Name, but I don't connect from Server Networker to Host X....

2.4K Posts

March 3rd, 2014 02:00

On the NW server, run "nsradmin -p nsrexec -s ".

- If the client does respond the connection itself is fine. However the client may still reject the request due to a wrong permission.

In this case - on the NW client:

- Stop the NW client daemon

- Add/correct the NW server to ../nsr/res/servers

- restart the NW client daemon to reread the file

- However, if the client does not respond, it is most likely that the ports have not been opened (7937 & 7938)

You also should look here: http://solutions.emc.com/EMCSolutionView.asp?id=esg77529&usertype=C

March 3rd, 2014 03:00

I wrote to Host file to HOST X & Server NW, all it IP, but didn't work. I check all. I don;t understand how one HOST Y install NW client and I connect to this HOST Y from NW Server and I don't connect to HOST X...

March 3rd, 2014 03:00

I check connect form Server NW to client by means of nsradmin -p nsrexec -s HOST X.

And I did this:

Stop the NW client daemon

- Add/correct the NW server to ../nsr/res/servers

- restart the NW client daemon to reread the file

But problem remained.

57 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 05:00

Hi,

When you install a Networker client, and start the client for the first time, the client will write some more or less

static info to the local installation.

A) Resource called NSRLA

B) Phassphrase key for the uniq installation.

Don't know where you abandoned the installation. But on the client connect to the local repository by;

nsradmin -p nsrexec.

nsradmin> print type:NSRLA

In the output, check hostname and my hostname, should reflect your installation host.

Next check the local key.

nsradmin> show certificate

nsradmin> print

or

nsradmin> option hidden:on

nsradmin> print

ON you backup server open the NMC --> Config --> Local Hosts

Select your backup server(left pane), select the problematic client in right pane.

- Does your passphrase keys match, if not delete klient key from the backup server.

New features in Networker rely on the phassphrases, and nsrauth. Don't disable it in favour

of oldauth. (If you are not totally sure you want it.)

Br,

Håkan

355 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 06:00

Hello,

Make sure you have ports opened between NW server and Host X.

Also, look at firewall settings. I have observed such issue on Windows clients caused by firewall settings.

Regards,

Pawan

1.7K Posts

March 3rd, 2014 06:00

Hello all,

I don't think that disabling GSS authentication will help here, as for NW 8.x nsrauth is required in order to work with client wizard (and other features).

I think this is more related to certificates (peer information) as pointed already, so please, make sure you delete the peer information of server on client, and of client on server.

Also make sure that DNS and/or hosts file is configured correctly, and also check if on the client side there is any firewall (if Windows then OS firewall could be an issue. Also make sure UAC is disabled, at least for testing purposes).

Thank you,

Carlos

March 3rd, 2014 22:00

Hi,

1. Check the Client auth methods & make sure that nsrauth is enabled.

on Client run "nsradmin -p nsrexec"

nsradmin > p type : NSRLA

You should see similar as "auth methods= "0.0.0.0/0,nsrauth/oldauth”

2. Check for any nsr peer information Conflicts error for the same host on the networker server daemon log files.

EX: Conflicting Peer info for host "XXX"

3. From the Error message that the networker server has rejected the authmethods , I would first make sure that the nsrauth is set @ client side.

4. You can shutdown networker services on client & rename nsrladb on client & restart the services ,

Note : To Perform the above activity , you need to delete the existing Peer info of the client "XXX".

On Networker Server

run

nsradmin -p nsrexec

nsradmin> p type : NSR Peer information ; name : XXX (FQDN name)

nsradmin> d

nsradmin> p type : NSR Peer information ; name : XXX (Shortname)

nsradmin> d

Same activity has to be performed on SN's as well , if you are backing up the clients to a different SN other than Networker Server.

Once these steps are performed we can restart the services by renaming the nsrladb ( This will clear the peer info / authmethods / Port ranges set on the Client) - Port range has to verified if you are using restricted port range on networker datazone.

HTH

Hari Prakash.

No Events found!