Query VMWare Backup Appliance target size with mminfo

Jump to solution

Hello everyone!

I am trying to get informations on our VBA backups from mminfo. Is there a way to get the "Target Size"value? In the networker reporting I can see this value but in mminfo it does not seem to be available. Maybe there is another way to get the information from the command line?

Fields I tried up to now are: "backup_size, capacity, fragsize, read, sumsize, total, written" - do not contain the value I look for.

In the mminfo command line reference a field "size" is metioned for VBA backups. When I query the size field, mminfo tells me it does not know it

Any help is appreciated

Info: NetWorker is version 8.1.1.

Best regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
coganb
3 Cadmium

Re: Query VMWare Backup Appliance target size with mminfo

Jump to solution

Hi Stefan,

You might get what you need from:

mminfo -S -q "ssid=[SSID of saveset]"

-Bobby

0 Kudos
bingo
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

As Bobby already said, this is the only method - you cannot get a list so far but you have to run the query for each single save set.

I hope EMC will learn that this is absolute inappropriate and will add an appropriate solution asap. I think in the meantime they have received enough RFEs regarding this subject.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Many thanks to Bobby and Bingo - you pointed me in the right direction. I am now using the following query:

mminfo -r"sscreate(24), sscomp(24), ssretent(24), vmname, attrs" -k -xm

I can then parse the required information from the "attrs" content. This way I can (at least) query all savesets with one command.

As bingo said I would also prefer a simpler solution for this.

Best regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
bingo
4 Germanium

Jump to solution

Interesting command.

It looks like the info is already stored in the media index - there is just no normal way to access it.

Would like to see a comment from EMC on that fact.

0 Kudos