dobocs
1 Nickel

Re: RDZ client can not index, backup hangs

Hi,

it works like you mentioned, but this was my initial starting point.

I want to separete the RDZ clients so they wouldn't need to be linked outside of the RDZ.

Problem is when you have multiple clients,multiple RDZ's and you want to change the config of the RDZ then each time you have to remove the client from the index group and also from the RDZ config.

What do you mean by this:

"Another option is that you must have device on backup server for each RDZ" ?

0 Kudos
ble1
5 Iridium

dobocs wrote:

What do you mean by this:

"Another option is that you must have device on backup server for each RDZ" ?

Is there possibility for one client to be in multiple RDZs?  For example, if you put backup server in each RDZ and each RDZ has access to device on backup server, then there should be no issue (given that volume on server is the same pool as your backups).

0 Kudos
dobocs
1 Nickel

Hello,

will test that, thank you.

May I ask another question?

I am looking for info on how to configure a networker server to be in multiple domains.

This is what I found, but after registration can not access the info.

Any info on how to set up networker for this?

Thanks

Dual Homed NetWorker.

Please loging to http://powerlink.emc.com and review the following Knowledge Objects. They have all you need to consider for configuring multi-homed NetWorker servers and clients

Multi-homed NetWorker servers and clients

esg50319: NetWorker backup over a dedicated network

esg58519: How to configure a NetWorker server with multiple network interfaces for backups 

esg55057: How to backup NetWorker server and clients using multiple NICs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tugay
1 Copper

Hello,

You can create index pool for every RDZ. Then you don't select index device from rdz device filter. It will be success.

0 Kudos