In my setup one of the database RMAN backup is failing .. The error details mentioning below. the file systems got umounted yesterday due to some power issue . the client is solaris , But now all the file systems are proper and it is working fine.
Bellow is the detail list of all events that took place on our server
=== ODM Question ===
ABBA.MTENGA@TZ.AIRTEL.COM - December 7, 2010 12:13:23 PM GMT+03:00 [Customer Problem Description]
ABBA.MTENGA@TZ.AIRTEL.COM - December 7, 2010 12:13:22 PM GMT+03:00 [Customer Problem Description]
Problem Description: Deleted archivelogs from a location that was full. Performed a "crosscheck copy of archivelog all" to normalize Archivelog sequences. Then run an RMAN backup which yielded these errors...
Can you please check the following: -
1. Check name resolution for server and client host names on all referred to in the hosts files and in the RMAN script.
2. Set all the ulimit values on the system to unlimited.
3. Restart the listener and re-run the backup.
Hello William Mason ,
Thank you for the quick reply.. I will try and update you...
once againe thanks
This could be due to the power issue, the backups failed and has left some remnants, also check the connectivity between the Oracle Client and the Backup Server.
- Check the Oracle Client, see that there is no process of previous RMAN failure.
- Check the connectivity between the Networker backup server and the Oracle Client and vice versa
- on the client stop the networker services
- rename /nsr/tmp/ folder to /nsr/tmp_old
- restart the services
- do the same on the backup server
- in addition on the backup server rename /nsr/res/jobsdb/ folder to /nsr/res/jobsdb_old
if the problem persist, initiate debugging by adding NSR_DEBUG_FILE=/nsr/applogs/debug.log and NSR_DEBUG_LEVEL=9, to the ENV
example: 'ENV=(NSR_SERVER=tzdarhq-bksrv,NSR_DEBUG_FILE= ,NSR_DEBUG_LEVEL=9,NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=REPT,NSR_CLIENT=rept-lh
Let us know how things proceed.