I'm needing to configure my Networker to back up Exchange 2010, but I'm having trouble, below is the scenario:
Exchange 2010 SP1 with DAG
Networker 7.6 SP1
I'm using these lines of command to backup Exchange
NSR_ALT_PATH = E: \ replica \
NSR_SNAP_TYPE = VSS
nsr_exch2010_backup = all
NSR_EXCH_RETAIN_SNAPSHOTS = yes
NSR_EXCH_CHECK = yes
NSR_EXCH2010_DAG = xxxx.domain.COM.BR
Can someone help me, please.
Please see below the answers to your questions, already responded in several previous posts:
- Ensure that in IIS you have set the correct permissions for PowerShell, as described in the documentation:
1. Go to IIS Manager > Your Host > Sites > Default Web Site > Powershell.
2. On the right-hand side pane, double-click Authentication and Enable Windows Authentication.
3. In Windows Authentication, right-click and ensure that the Kernel Mode Authentication is clear.
- Ensure that you have created one client entry for each member of the DAG
- Check the Application Information variables set for those clients. DAG members:
NSR_ALT_PATH=C:\snapshot (That path is an example, you can set any path you want, but ensure that the value entered there is a local disk)
NSR_CHECK_JET_ERRORS=no (You can set yes or not, if you don't specify that value by default errors won't be checked)
NSR_EXCH2010_BACKUP=passive (You can select active, passive or all, check what DB's are active or passive in each node, if all passive in one node you can backup only that node setting here passive)
NSR_EXCH_CHECK=no (You can select yes or not if you want or don't want to perform Exchange DB consistency check)
NSR_EXCH2010_DAG= (Add here the name of the DAG with FQDN)
These variables have to be set in the nodes hosting DB's, but for the DAG server no need, only the following are required:
Also please note that with NMM 2.3 in DAG environments you will not backup the DAG itself, but the nodes hosting DB's, so if selected please uncheck the box in the DAG client entry "Scheduled backup".
Apart from that check that the group has set the Serverless backup snapshot policy, that the snapshot backup box is selected as well, and choose the right pool for that backup.
Having this set correctly please check that vssadmin list writers reports all the writers in status  Stable, and that vssadmin list shadows doesn't display any shadow created, once you check that you can go ahead can run a backup.