Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2013 02:00

Re-install of active networker after reinstallation of O.S of backup server

Hi All,

In one of our Windows based backup server where active networker is running (taking backup of few clients).

I want to re-install the Windows O.S of backup server then keep or install the same set-up of networker without harming anything like before.

Kindly suggest the steps how to proceed further??

Backup server O.S:- Windows 2008 R2 64-bit Sp-1

Networker server version:- 7.6.5

1.7K Posts

April 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi Sabarna,

The most important thing when reinstalling OS is to keep same hostname and IP.

I would also recommend to keep same SP and updates level.

If you do that then you should be fine.

Reinstall NW and run mmrecov (disaster recovery) and that should be it.

You could also just reinstall Nw and with services stopped replace the /nsr/index, /nsr/mm and /nsr/res fodlers, but to be on the safe side just run mm recov with the last bootstrap.

Tankyou,

Carlos

139 Posts

April 4th, 2013 03:00

Ok. I have spoken with EMC, they told after re-installation of Windows O.S and Networker, it will change the host id. suggest me to get in touch with licensing team for this.

445 Posts

April 4th, 2013 03:00

Sabarna Deb,

The hosted can change in certain circumstances and as it’s based on the Windows SID this may be the case with an OS install. This however will not affect your environment being able to function after the reinstall and recovery is done. You will not be able to pre-prepare for this as until you reinstall the OS and NetWorker the hosted will not be visible.

Your environment will function for 45 days (or at least 30) before the licenses will expire. All you need to do is do a host transfer with Licensing and this can be done via Web portal, you will provide the current base enabler details, current hosted and the new hosted. They will then send you a PDF document with all the new authorization codes which you simply enter via the GUI or from the command line.

This is quite straight forward and you should not have any difficulty.

Regards,

Bill Mason

No Events found!