Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 3rd, 2014 04:00

Redirect client to backup to different networker server

Hello,

on one of my networker servers the autochanger library is broken. I would like to redirect the clients to save to a different networker server. Can this be done and if yes how would I do it?

Thank you for your help,

Andreas

3 Posts

Thank you for your answer. That´s possible, but the problem is, that the different networker server does not know about the client and will perform a full backup, which should not happen, because it takes two days to complete, which I can only do on the weekend.

I would like to keep the client and savegroup configuration and indexes on the original server and just use the tape storage on another server. Is that possible, too?

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

Yes you can.

Well, pretty simple actually.

- On the client check the servers file and ensure that the name of the "different networker server" is listed in it. if not add it in the list and restart the nsrexecd services for this to take affect.

- Created a client instance for the machine on the "different networker server" and configure th egroup and schedule accordingly. Test backups and you are good to go.

All said, note that the backup that are done on the "different networker server" can be recovered only on that server.

3 Posts

July 3rd, 2014 05:00

Oh, that´s too bad. The server with the working library is a full networker server and backs up different clients than  the other server. All I want to do is to use the tape storage of the other server, but this seems to be impossible.

Now I hope I am lucky and I don´t need to recover anything until the library is repaired.

Thanks for you help,

Andreas

2.4K Posts

Just remember that you can add the older backups to another data zone (NW server) through scanning. But this will take its time, too.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

Yep, incase you are not using the other networker servers as a production server. Because if you are using it as a storage node on the current server then you cannot use it as a NetWorker server. As long as this is OK, the only change you have to do is to modify the Storage Nodes field in the client properties to list the new Storage node. Of cource you have to add the new other server as a storage node on the current NetWorker server and configure the library on it.

2.4K Posts

As the NW servers have no possibility to share the same media database this is it. This is how NW works.

So you better wait until the weekend.

No Events found!