Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2016 04:00

Restoring client indexes

When restoring client indexes from media with the command:

#nsrck -L 7 client

is posible to choose the location to restore changing the the Index Path in the client and them restore to this path?

14.3K Posts

October 20th, 2016 05:00

Should be possible (but not sure if you need to restart NW after change).

2.4K Posts

October 20th, 2016 06:00

I doubt that this will work - at least not w/o the option "-T directory". See the Command Line Reference for details.

As NW will use absolute pathnames my guess is that it will restore to whatever has been used at the time of the backup.

It might work with save set restores where you can define another destination path. But who wants to use that method ...

14.3K Posts

October 20th, 2016 06:00

Isn't -T used only as tempdir?  Eventually, you can always play with symlinks and have it go somewhere else...

26 Posts

October 20th, 2016 09:00

We are thinking of doing it in a proccess of restoring client index in a migration of the Networker Server to a new host.

The networker server has the client indexes in several directories now, not in the default path, because the disk was nearly full.

In the restore process we would like to restore to the default index path, so I have tried with one client to set the Index Path empty and then the restore with

nsrck -L7 client

is done to the default index path:      networker_installation_path/nsr/index/clientname

We have tried a restore of a file and it works.

So we are thinking in restore all the client indexes to the default path in this manner

Do you see any future issue?

14.3K Posts

October 20th, 2016 13:00

no, it should work as it worked for mentioned client.

2.4K Posts

October 20th, 2016 20:00

Hi Hrojve,

I have never use "-T". I just thought about it as this is obviously the only way to specify another directory.

No Events found!