Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 30th, 2015 21:00

SAP backup Groups configured through Split mirror Option are getting into hang state after upgrading Networker server from Solaris10 to Solaris11.Index & bootstrap are not getting updated due to which the Group remains in running mode.

SAP backup Groups configured through Split mirror Option are getting into hang state after upgrading Networker server from Solaris10 to Solaris11.

Index & bootstrap are not getting updated due to which the Group remains in running mode.

51 Posts

May 4th, 2015 00:00

Pls. find attached error logs

1 Attachment

14.3K Posts

May 4th, 2015 02:00

Are you familiar with NetWorker? Because applogs are of no use here.  If your backup of index/bootstrap fails, we need daemon.raw part rendered which shows the issue.  applogs area is used for backup of modules (in some instances) and backup of index/bootstrap is not related to module operations - therefore not usable in this case.

51 Posts

?Hi,

Check the Topic what I've mentioned i.e. Index & Bootstrap are not getting updated in SAP Split mirror backup which obvious a module backup.

Daemon.log doesn't show any error as the group never ends because there is no Index & Bootstrap updation.

14.3K Posts

And do you have pending message?  In what state is the device which is supposed to have streams written?  Did you run debug mode to see more information?  Perhaps best thing to speed it up would be to have support run webex and fix it quickly (should be 30-45 minute job assuming they can confirm with test this is an issue due to earlier specific entry in DB which is no longer the match now).  You also said you changed HW, but you never said where do you write i&b - is it tape? If so, if SCSI order the same now as it was before?  So, plenty of small things to verify, but if you are out of time - engage support.  At this point, SAP split mirror is hardly related at all (you can set no index save on it to skip it unless you use backup server itself as proxy host).

51 Posts

May 4th, 2015 03:00

Hi,

Pls. find below logs(nsr/applogs) where the backup is not getting completed.

No Events found!