Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2009 07:00

SIlly question - curious how others test backup data to delete and restore

Hey all! Hope everyone had a safe and happy weekend. I was just curious how some of you test your recovery process. I usually go back one week, delete some data and try to get it back. This is very basic and I think I should do more so if anyone has any input or advice i'll gladly take it but i'm mostly just curious. Maybe I can figure out how to test my recovery process quicker and more efficent

1.1K Posts

July 7th, 2009 08:00

That seems a bit extreme - couldn't you move the data or recover to a different location?

Most places I have worked with tend to regard day-to-day recovery as the test - they generally agree that they should go through a full DR regularly but never get as far as doing anything concrete.

261 Posts

July 7th, 2009 08:00

That seems a bit extreme - couldn't you move the data
or recover to a different location?

Most places I have worked with tend to regard
day-to-day recovery as the test - they generally
agree that they should go through a full DR regularly
but never get as far as doing anything concrete.

well we don't really have a DR plan. I've been here 6 years and am having a heck of a time letting people know this will help them keep their job. I can do day-to-day so that part is ok. Thanks for the info!

14.3K Posts

July 16th, 2009 10:00

We have several backups of data on 2 different locations done during the day so we feel to be covered :D For the verification you don't have to delete anything, you can always run recover probe or even clone data to to make sure backups are available.
No Events found!