After upgrading our Networker server from Networker 7.3 to Networker 7.5, one of my SQL backup keeps failing. Networker keeps telling me 'The feature "NetWorker Module for Microsoft SQL Server" is not properly enabled', but nothing has changed.
* <client>:MSSQL: savegrp: suppressed 72 lines of output.
* <client>:MSSQL: 29085 1271833745 5 0 0 4276 3952 0 <client>(pid3952) 36 Microsoft SQL Server Provider error: 0
* <client>:MSSQL: 38006 1271833745 5 0 0 4276 3952 0 <client>(pid3952) 3 %s. 1 24 123 Write on 'Legato#498ce3e8-57c8-4c1c-b888-874ecd21d975' failed, status = 995. See the SQL Server error log for more details.
* <client>:MSSQL: 38006 1271833745 5 0 0 4276 3952 0 <client>(pid3952) 3 %s. 1 24 42 BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
* <client>:MSSQL: 53084 1271833745 5 0 0 2348 3952 0 <client>(pid3952) 47 Processing %s failed, the item will be skipped. 1 0 4 pubs
* <client>:MSSQL: 0 1271833745 1 0 0 2348 3952 0 <client>(pid3952) 88 %s%s: %-*s%s%s%s %*s %2.2ld:%2.2ld:%2.2ld, %ld-file(s)-processed, %ld-file(s)-succeeded 14 0 0 0 8 ezistsql 1 2 21 23 6 MSSQL: 0 7 level= 0 4 incr 0 1 , 1 1 9 0 4 0 KB 2 1 0 2 1 0 2 1 3 2 2 11 2 1 0
* <ERROR> : Backup operation finished with error(s). Refer to the module backup log file for details.
The message "'The feature "NetWorker Module for Microsoft SQL Server" is not properly enabled'" is displayed in the xbsa.messages when there is no license available for the SQL module. Check if the SQL server is using the lisence for NMSQL in NetWorker by running the command "nsrlic -v".
At first it was using the license, so i removed the client and added it back again as a new client. When I run 'nsrlic -v' it is not using the license anymore. Still can't figure out what went wrong. I've got two SQL licenses and only two SQL clients, one keeps failing.
after we upgraded to the verison 7.5 we got some smillar error messages and we upgraded th SQL Modul up to the latest version.
After we had done that the backup has gone at the right way again.
I've already tried an upgrade to the newest SQL module, didn't solve the problem. Even tried a downgrade of the SQL module, didn't solve the problem either.
The file backup of the physical and virtual clusternodes are succesfull, it's just the SQL backup that fails. Seems like a licensing issue, so just gonna try to contact technical support to solve the problem.
Thanks for your replies
We have a similar issue here after NW upgrade with NMO for Linux, the solution was delete from NW server both client physical nodes and the virtual client and re-create all clients again, after that the NW server begun allocate the licenses correctly.
The new version of NMSQL has probably solved the issue, but you still need to re-assign the licenses.
Try the following:
- Open the Physical nodes configuration in NW (Client Configuration) and check info&licensing tab, you will probably see the SQL licenses assigned in there when it should have NT licenses.
- Go to regstration in Networker server
- Locate the SQL licenses and copy the Enabler code and Auth Code from those licenses in a txt file.
- Delete the SQL licenses
- Stop NW and rename nsrlabd, its not mandatory, but its make sure all info stratch from scratch regarding the clients.
- Start NW and apply the SQL licenses again with the Enabler and Auth code for each one.
- Start a SQL backup and check if the licenses were assigned to the correct nodes, using nsrlic -v, you should see 2 licenses used by the SQL nodes.
Hopefully it will all be sorted after this process.
It is advisable to make an upgrade from version 7.3 to version 7.5 you must perform the first upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4.x then 7.5.x, is probably why the application is not recognizing the license of SQL you have available.