Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 16th, 2016 08:00

Save Sets Duplicating during Backups

Good day all!

I've noticed an issue with one of our Networker Backup Clients recently (since we updated the client version to 8.2).

It appears to be backing up each save set twice per backup; is there a reason for this? I would imagine that this is doubling the amount of data needing to be backed up and replicated over the network.

Any insight? I have attached an image of the client's save sets in the backup monitoring dialogue.

For reference, we are running Networker 8.0.0.5 on the backup server. The screenshot below is in order: first sets are "Waiting to Run", second are "Currently Running," and third are "Completed Successfully".

Multiple Save Sets.JPG.jpg

2.4K Posts

September 16th, 2016 14:00

Please verify with 'mminfo' whether this is just a GUI problem/glitch or whether duplicate save sets really exist in the end.

If not, just ignore the GUI.

I also recommend to update your NW server. It is recommended that the NW server at least works with the version of your NW clients. However 8.0.0 and 8.2.x a pretty apart with respect to their release dates.

September 16th, 2016 14:00

Thanks; I'm still relatively new to Networker, so I wasn't aware of the mminfo command. Looks like it's just the GUI lying!

I'm also trying to schedule a maintenance window that my supe is happy with for the NW Server Update.

1 Message

September 16th, 2016 21:00

wow. maybe backup setting is set for 2 our double.

No Events found!