Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 18th, 2009 02:00

Storage node licence move to another storage node

I have the number of licence equal to the number of storage nodes I need to have . Howevr, I have to delete one of old storage nodes and to put new one. The number of licenses will the same, but I will need to use on the new storage node the licence of the old storage nodes I deleted.

How to do that?

I could not see on my Networker Administrator - Registration which license corresponds to which specific storage node?

1.1K Posts

August 18th, 2009 02:00

Licenses are held on the server and are not assigned to individual storage nodes. If the number of storage nodes you have does not exceed the number of licenses you have then you should be able to back up. If you are having issues please post more details...

86 Posts

August 18th, 2009 05:00

Ok, I have reached the number of licence for dedicated storage nodes. I have to include one more, it wan't create an additional storage node (device and to enable that storage node) without adding new licence with enable ID (no authorazation), which means temprarily enabled. Now I have to get rid off one storage node that is not used sany more to allocate a free licenece for that newly created storage node.

Ok, I have got it I have simply to delete the old non needed storage node to simply free one license for dedicated storage node.

120 Posts

August 18th, 2009 06:00

you just delete the storage nodes you do not need then the licenses will be free. then delete the temp license and you are done

1.1K Posts

August 18th, 2009 06:00

Just to add you do not need to delete the client, but you need to go into the devices window and delete it under storage nodes there and any devices on that machine. You should also reinstall Networker on the old storage node if you wish to continue using it as a client (remove storage node and install client)

86 Posts

August 19th, 2009 01:00

I have problem deleting that particular device (storage node implied), because the optin for delete is not activated. I am using NMC on windows 2003. What I have to do? Am I missing something?
No Events found!