we have a networker 7.6.1 environment (bus on vmware and 2 virtual libs through 2 SN's). They are all on 7.6.1
Recently our dba's have trouble restoring sql db's using nmsql. I have upgraded the clients and modules but still nothing. What happens is that they start the nmsql gui, choose the FROM sql server, select a db to restore, choose properties and then start. I see networker mounting the required tape but then it stops whilst the tape's status is "ready for reading, Idle". In the networker sql log I find nothing, the gui is waiting for data. On the networker server I see : "nsrd Auth. session limit greater than 1 for mmd# 9 on device rd=<storage node>
I have disabled nsrauth on the bus and sn's, but no change. Does anybody have any idea?
Thanks in advance
I haven't seen this error message before but it looks to me like it might just be hitting a limit on the time it is willing to wait for something else to happen and might not refer to what is actually causing the problem itself. Does everything else work besides this restore (backup of this client through this SN, of file system restore of this client for example)? If you find something else that's not working, this could narrow down where the breaking point is. If it's just this operation which is failing, you should try the restore from the command line and see if you can get any more useful error message out of it.
Is Storage Node under VMWare, too? Please, read first https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg115723, it's about VMWare environment and SAN attached tape libraries (you have VTL, but...)
Good point Claudio - link doesn't work for me for some reason. Not sure if it works for others. Here's another link to the same article.
Ok, finally I found the solution!
The bottemline of the story is that we have added a large number of groups to the user in AD. Apparantly the kerberos ticket had become too large for restoring the db's.
I created a copy of the problem account and noticed that it had a ticket sze of nearly 16K. A testaccount which I created new had a ticketsize of 4K. I removed groups from the original account until the ticket size had dropped to below 12K. Then the restore went fine.
Thanks all for replying.