Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 17th, 2015 22:00

Tape Drive went to Service mode

Hi all,

After Tape drive reboot, In NMC all my tape drives went to service mode and not able to mount the tape to backup.

Any assistance or suggestion ?

Error while loading Tape:

cancellation: none;

completion code: ;

error message: \

"read open error: command completed successfully (drive status is 65329 35 The drive serial number h\

as changed)",

"read open error: command completed successfully (drive status is 65329 35 The drive serial number h\

as changed)",

as changed)",

as changed)";

last update: "Thu Jun 18 08:30:07 2015";

Messages: "Operation `Verify label' in progress on device `\\\\.\\Tape3'",

Ejecting media.,

"Operation `Eject' in progress on device `\\\\.\\Tape3'";

name: IBM@18.0.1;

operation instance: 5;

operation source: nsrd jb op;

progress: failed;

prompt response: ;

prompt: ;

start time: "Thu Jun 18 08:29:53 2015";

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

June 17th, 2015 23:00

Samuel Thomas, I assume the tape drive was changed or if your backup server was rebooted its an issue related to drive ordering, but in any case you have do reconfigure the tapes drives that are throwing the errors.

- Right click on the JukeBox in the NMC and select "Reconfigure Library"

- uncheck all the problematic drives, click on configure.

- right click on the library and click on scan for devices, follow default  options

- Right click on the JukeBox in the NMC and select "Reconfigure Library"

- select the unchecked devices and hit configure.

incase you have this issue on all the drives you would have to delete and reconfigure the entire JB. Don't forget to delete the devices under the devices after deleting the JB.

156 Posts

June 18th, 2015 04:00

to add on the note of Samuel.

You should do persistent binding in your Windows Host (NetWorker Server) and on SAN if the tape drive is connected using SAN fabric.

If Persistent Naming and Binding is not done you will experience the same issue every time almost you reboot

33 Posts

June 19th, 2015 01:00

And  the link to MS KB about persistent binding - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873337 . No hotfix isntall needed, only registry change.

136 Posts

June 20th, 2015 10:00

Thanks for the assistance.

136 Posts

Thank you very much... I reconfigured my jukebox. Now its working...

136 Posts

Thanks Deb.. will do the same.

No Events found!