Highlighted
3 Argentum

Tape Drive went to Service mode

Jump to solution

Hi all,

After Tape drive reboot, In NMC all my tape drives went to service mode and not able to mount the tape to backup.

Any assistance or suggestion ?

Error while loading Tape:

cancellation: none;

completion code: ;

error message: \

"read open error: command completed successfully (drive status is 65329 35 The drive serial number h\

as changed)",

"read open error: command completed successfully (drive status is 65329 35 The drive serial number h\

as changed)",

as changed)",

as changed)";

last update: "Thu Jun 18 08:30:07 2015";

Messages: "Operation `Verify label' in progress on device `\\\\.\\Tape3'",

Ejecting media.,

"Operation `Eject' in progress on device `\\\\.\\Tape3'";

name: IBM@18.0.1;

operation instance: 5;

operation source: nsrd jb op;

progress: failed;

prompt response: ;

prompt: ;

start time: "Thu Jun 18 08:29:53 2015";

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Re: Tape Drive went to Service mode

Jump to solution

Samuel Thomas, I assume the tape drive was changed or if your backup server was rebooted its an issue related to drive ordering, but in any case you have do reconfigure the tapes drives that are throwing the errors.

- Right click on the JukeBox in the NMC and select "Reconfigure Library"

- uncheck all the problematic drives, click on configure.

- right click on the library and click on scan for devices, follow default  options

- select the unchecked devices and hit configure.

incase you have this issue on all the drives you would have to delete and reconfigure the entire JB. Don't forget to delete the devices under the devices after deleting the JB.

HTH,
For NetWorker related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4JLsVyXMyjbQ4i1NaJj5IQ

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Jump to solution

Samuel Thomas, I assume the tape drive was changed or if your backup server was rebooted its an issue related to drive ordering, but in any case you have do reconfigure the tapes drives that are throwing the errors.

- uncheck all the problematic drives, click on configure.

- right click on the library and click on scan for devices, follow default  options

- select the unchecked devices and hit configure.

incase you have this issue on all the drives you would have to delete and reconfigure the entire JB. Don't forget to delete the devices under the devices after deleting the JB.

HTH,
For NetWorker related content - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4JLsVyXMyjbQ4i1NaJj5IQ

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Thank you very much... I reconfigured my jukebox. Now its working...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

to add on the note of Samuel.

You should do persistent binding in your Windows Host (NetWorker Server) and on SAN if the tape drive is connected using SAN fabric.

If Persistent Naming and Binding is not done you will experience the same issue every time almost you reboot

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

And  the link to MS KB about persistent binding - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873337 . No hotfix isntall needed, only registry change.

Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Thanks Deb.. will do the same.

0 Kudos