Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 25th, 2013 07:00

The clients are auto restarting backup after concluded. How can I fix it?

The clients are auto restarting backup after concluded. How can I fix it? I use Networker Legato 7.6.1

6 Posts

November 27th, 2013 09:00

reply from crazyrov : 

Do you have the savegroup competition notification or extract from the daemon.raw that says why the saveset is being started from the beginning? Also is this behavior with only one group or multiple groups. Can you keep the retry change the retry attempts on the Group properties to 0 and see what the result is ?

Fixed. I did your clue with Successful. Thx a lot...(everyone)

We can conclude that is a not an error, because when is detected that some files could not be opened and was not backed up. (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.) and the value is set >0 is re-executed again and retrying the clients.

Retrying_fixed.jpg

6 Posts

Follow the Screen Shot.

Auto Restarting E:\ after concluded Backup.

retrying backup_.jpg

6 Posts

This customer works with several versions of networker legato and have a conflicts to update it, because they work with others O.S (NT,WIN 2003, UNIXs).

We have a fix for it without update Netwoker?

14.3K Posts

I guess with 7.6.1 release, your first step would be to update to at least supported version first and see if same happens there.  If yes, you must dig deeper into logs.

14.3K Posts

November 25th, 2013 09:00

That screenshot doesn't have any meaning to me.  Do following:

mminfo -avot -q client= -r "name,ssflags,sumflags,clflags,sscreate(20),sscomp(20),group,level"

From that output extract data which show specific run in question.

1.2K Posts

November 25th, 2013 18:00

Hello, Gouvea, based on the issue being discussed in this thread, I am moving the thread to the Networker Support Forum where the problem can have more visibility and be better addressed.

The ECN Help Forum itself is usually only a place where people ask answers or have queries regarding the functionality/usage of the ECN (EMC Community Network) platform instead of any specific EMC product related issues.

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

November 26th, 2013 00:00

Do you have the savegroup competition notification or extract from the daemon.raw that says why the saveset is being started from the beginning? Also is this behavior with only one group or multiple groups. Can you keep the retry change the retry attempts on the Group properties to 0 and see what the result is ?

6 Posts

November 26th, 2013 03:00

Hi, I did extract of mminfo as requested to better show, but I changed the real name to preserve right of customer.

LI1sfsr30001 is auto restarting, only it and every day.

Regards

mminfo_li1sfsr.jpg

2.4K Posts

November 26th, 2013 04:00

The mminfo/save set report only show the result - it will not tell you why the group is restarted.

Looking at the save sets' timestamps from your first screenshot, could it be that the interval for the group has been changed from the default (24hrs) to only 4hrs ... and that the group is just started again right after it has finished?

Look at the group's properties ... and at the backups' duration.

In fact NW 8 could help here because you can easily select earlier savegroup completion reports to compare the values.

1.7K Posts

Hi Gouvea,

I would go in the direction of bingo, check the interval set in the group configuration, and also, despite autorestart is oriented for failed backups, check if you have that option enabled.

Also, based on the output of the mminfo command I don't see any duplicated backups, in other words, you have one backup per day, and not 2 or more, as it should be based on the description of your issue.

Thank you,

Carlos

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

I am not able to find anything abnormal here. As requested earlier please change the client retries in the group properties -> Advanced tab. Do let us know the result of this change, as it should throw any error if it thinks the backup failed. but from the mminfo output the savesets seems to be a valid one.

2.4K Posts

November 26th, 2013 05:00

First of all, could you please explain which mmminfo parameter you use to show the column DAI|EEE ?

-----------------------------------

Let's assume then that NW does not start the group - otherwise it should restart more than this client. Correct?

The only logical consequence would be that the NW client itself starts the backup. And this is possible.

There could be a forgotten Windows task to backup E:\ and associate the backup to a group  ("save -g E:\"   is in fact a valid command). That would make the backup appear like a saveset which has been created by running the group.

However, it would have the level 'manual' because you are not allowed to use the level along with the 'save' command.

On the other hand, that would also explain why the index is only saved once.

At least i would check the Windows task scheduler as well ...

6 Posts

November 26th, 2013 05:00

Hi..

Only LI1sfsr30001 E: \ is restarting 3 times before recording the Index, other clients in the same group end with success.

Does the client to record a certain file cannot write and enters in looping and back to save the file?

Is there a Set to not let  it get into looping?

Follow bellow the Set (client and group).

sets_li1.jpg

14.3K Posts

November 26th, 2013 06:00

gouvea wrote:

Hi, I did extract of mminfo as requested to better show, but I changed the real name to preserve right of customer.

I also do not see timestamp which was requested in original query, but ok.  Let's see what do we have...

• on 22nd E drive run fine - it completed within same day it was started
  • on 23rd E drive run twice; once it completed within same day it was started and second run completed next day
  • on 24th E we have similar picture as on 23rd except that second run either failed or it was aborted
  • on 25th E drive run 4 times, last run went into next day
  • on 26th E drive run twice

I do not think this is an issue with group interval as some have proposed as then we would see other savesets following same pattern - obviously not in this case.

Next thing to do is to check logs.  Run mminfo command, but this time make sure to include those (20) value so you get exact timestamps and check daemon.raw if it has anything inside around that time.  Also, consider update as it has been said before.  You mentioned Windows NT which bring me to question - which OS is affected client?  Now, if this client is something normal and more modern, it is not a problem to have that client only updated for NW version.  Which version of server do you run?  Last, but not least, is this pure file system backup or you also use kind of savepnpc?

No Events found!