Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AU

August 10th, 2015 15:00

Troubleshooting shared library.

Hi All,

I'm a beginner to Networker.Please tell me, what are troubleshooting steps to follow if the shared library is not visible at the OS level.

2.4K Posts

August 10th, 2015 20:00

The key issue is that you install the NW storage node package on all host who share the hardware.

Then connect the library FC/SCSI port only to one of theses hosts.

Run "inquire" to verify that the appropriate hardware is visible on all hosts. See command reference for details.

NW uses the OS device drivers for the tape drives but its own library drivers.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 04:00

You said that the library is not visible on the OS level.

Are you able to detect the library under device manger (assuming you are using windows) ? If not you have to start with zone on the FC switch.

August 11th, 2015 06:00

This question was asked to me in an interview. for most of the servers we are using small dedicated library. If it is not visible at the OS level(will check in device manager), we will run the command 'inquire'. If still not visible, we usually power recycle the library.

If it is a shared library, then the last option is power recycle. So please share what are all troubleshooting steps we can perform in between.

128 Posts

August 26th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

If OS cannot see the library, there is nothing to do by Networker. Networker management of devices resides on that OS can manage first.

Regards

No Events found!