DannyDanO
2 Bronze

Trying to remove groups from Networker and receiving error pop-up

I am using Networker 8.2.2 and trying to do some cleanup with some old groups that are no longer needed. I have tried to delete some of them and received the error message pop up "The 'NETAPP+DAILY' group is still used by one or more pools." I figured that one out and removed them from the pools that they were still tied to. I now try to delete them and receive the following pop up error message " "The 'NETAPP+DAILY' group is still used by one or more clone resources." What am I missing in trying to remove these old groups and how do I find out what clone resources they are still attached to? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dan O'Grady

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
bingo.1
4 Ruthenium

Re: Trying to remove groups from Networker and receiving error pop-up

'Clone resources' sounds a bit weird but I assume that this also have to do with pools where you selected devices.

Also make sure that you have de-selected all clone specific items from that group.

DannyDanO
2 Bronze

Thanks for the info, I'll go back and be sure that everything related to that group is deselected.

0 Kudos
ttobey
2 Bronze

When I have seen this in our environment its because the group is still included in a clone(s).

Choose clone properties and check the "save set filters" tab for the group you are trying to delete and deselect it.

0 Kudos
MagnusP1
2 Bronze

Solution might be to first delete name:clone.____tmpClone* resources from NSR task, then delete  name:____tmpClone* resources from NSR clone.

Solved our issues with un-deletable groups.

Cheers from Sweden

0 Kudos
Nitesh_Turkar
2 Iron

If possible you can try to delete the group by putting networker DB in offline mode and use nsradmin to delete the group.

0 Kudos