Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2016 07:00

Ugrading Networker client fails : installer error status 1603

While installing 8..2.2 I have encountered error "Setup encountered an error.......the package has not been installed.........no changes have been made on the system..."

I cannot also repair or remove the old version.

I'm really stuck, can you help me please.

14.3K Posts

March 29th, 2016 14:00

Try following:

- uninstall NW on client

- rename whole nsr folder

- install NW

45 Posts

March 30th, 2016 05:00

Rename the ~nsr/res/nsrladb directory and retry.  I hit this issue during upgrade of a bunch of storage nodes here.

Oh, the "no changes have been made" is complete bull during an upgrade.  The previous version's gone, and your 2nd install attempt will pick up the default directory rather than the existing ~nsr directory - make sure you change the install location (if applicable) to keep it in the same place.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

March 30th, 2016 08:00

I assume you would need the original set u file for the earlier version to successfully uninstall the application. Which version do you currently have on your system.

March 30th, 2016 10:00

Thank you for your returns.

I did as you told me but no luck I still have the same issue.

I still cannot repair, change or remove the binairies.

The version istalled is 8.2.0.1 Build 479

14.3K Posts

March 31st, 2016 04:00

Wait.  Are you saying now that your failure happens during uninstall?  Because so far my assumption was you get failure when installing new version at the point when services have to be started for new binaries.  Actually, that is what you said, but I missed it.

You can run installer in debug mode (run installer from version you have currently installed) to get more information (sometimes installer requires same version, but I have seen it only with some very very old installations).  Debug should give you details what is wrong.  Last resort, and not so difficult, is to stop services (maybe they are already - no data on that), remove binaries and remove registry entries.  That is manual uninstall to say so.  Of course, you should make sure that in all cases you have proper admin rights.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

March 31st, 2016 07:00

A screenshot of what you see would help us understand more.

45 Posts

March 31st, 2016 08:00

Okay, this is a Windows error for installers rather than a NetWorker error during install.  Please see the following MS article for probable causes:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/834484

No Events found!