Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2010 13:00

Unable to connect to host: Please check NetWorker security settings and daemon.log on the NetWorker client and Console server for more details

Hi guys,

When i try to add new client with Client Backup Configurantion in my Networker Server (7.6), i get this message error:

"Unable to connect to host: Please check NetWorker security settings and  daemon.log on the NetWorker client and Console server for more details"

How can I resolve it?

Sarah Milani

Hi ,

This might be issue with nsrladb ,  follow the following steps

1)Stop NetWorker.
2)Rename the nsrladb directory to nsrladb.org.
3)Start the Backup configuration wizard again with new nsrladb directory.

NOTE:nsrladb will be recreated automatically at the start-up of NetWorker.

21 Posts

I already done these changes, but still not work...

268 Posts

May 27th, 2010 15:00

Sarah,

Deleting nsr peer information may help you. Follow the below steps.

nsradmin -p nsrexec

nsradmin> show auth methods

nsradmin> print type: nsrla

auth methods: "0.0.0.0/0,nsrauth/oldauth"; (make sure nsrauth is on)

nsradmin> show

nsradmin> delete type: nsr peer information

::::::

-----END CERTIFICATE-----";
Delete? y
nsradmin> quit

restart NetWorker client services

736 Posts

May 28th, 2010 02:00

You should be aware also that the Client Configuration Wizard will not work if nsrauth on your NetWorker server.  This is enabled by default so if you don't know what this is, then this probably isn't your issue but if you have disabled it, you will need to use the older method to create a client.  Configuration - Clients - Right Click - New (and not Client Backup Configuration).  Either way, you should test this and see if you can create a client this way.

-Bobby

21 Posts

May 28th, 2010 05:00

I've followed  all the steps as you can see the screens below.

error1.JPG

erro3.JPG

error2.JPG

But  still could not add this client. Other clients  have already been added normally, I'm having problems only with that  client.

Any suggestions?

736 Posts

May 28th, 2010 07:00

Check that the nsrexecd service is running on the client machine.  You should also check the connection between the two machines with the following command:

From the server: nsradmin –s -p 390113
From the client: nsradmin –s
From the client: nsradmin –s -p 390113

If this gets through to the nsradmin prompt, then the connection is ok, otherwise it is not.  If you do  not get the
nsradmin prompt, it means you have a connection problem and you will have to ensure that the name resolution is
correct between the two machines. Ensure that the FQDN,shortname and IP Address are present in the hosts file
on both sides and that Reverse DNS lookup works for all names and the IP.

-Bobby

21 Posts

May 28th, 2010 07:00

There's something wrong.

Is the second xp client that i install, and returns this error message.

- XP Firewall are disable

- Anti-virus software are disable

- All the machine are in the same network, and i  get the reply when I ping by name of machine. -

both the server and client.

I've  tried everything..but i still have the same problem.

96 Posts

June 2nd, 2010 00:00

Hi Sarah,

did you provide any backup server during installation to the wizard?

May be there is a typo?

Please check servers in the servers file on your xp client. Location: \res\servers.

If the name of your backup server is written wrong, correct it an restart the service.

May be, you will have to provide both, not only hostname but also fqn.

Peter

22 Posts

June 2nd, 2010 06:00

Hi Sarah,

In addtion to prajith said, Delete the peer information of the client from the server end as well.

nsradmin -p nsrexec

nsradmin> show auth methods

nsradmin> print type: nsrla

auth methods: "0.0.0.0/0,nsrauth/oldauth"; (make sure nsrauth is on)

nsradmin> p type : NSR peer information ; name : CLIENT_NAME

::::::

-----END CERTIFICATE-----";

nsradmin> delete
Delete? y
nsradmin> quit

restart NetWorker client  & server services once.

HTH.

Hari

43 Posts

June 15th, 2010 18:00

What messages do you see in the daemon.raw and in the gstd.raw? Which account are you using to login to NMC?

16 Posts

June 29th, 2010 11:00

Hi,

Please try the below steps.

As all said clear the peer information as well as stop the services and re-name the jobsdb also in addition to that in the servers files under res  add  networker server's IP address and try once,  as that worked for me, and also client  Local hostfiles should have IP address, short name, FQDN name  of networker server and  do the same with Networker Server Local hostfiles by updating the client information in that .

Roshan

August 2nd, 2010 00:00

i have also same problem i tried everything which is mentioned above still not working. any have any idea?

21 Posts

August 2nd, 2010 05:00

Please follow the steps below to fix the problem:

1  - in Backup client affected, stop the services of Networker and  change the folder name \ res \ nsrla to \ res \ orignsrla (if more than  one, do all simultaneously).

2 - in Networker Server delete the client machine (if it is in the list of clients) and run the following commands:

C:\>echo del type: nsr peer information > delpeer.nas
C:\>nsradmin -i delpeer.nas -p nsrexec

3 - Start the services in the Networker backup client and confirm that a new folder \ res\nsrla was created.

4 - Make the process of installing the client on the Networker Server (Wizard mode) and confirm the creation of it.

If the problem persists, check dns.

Ping-a server IP (by client)
Ping-a client IP (by server)

Check if both resolve the name. If  not, stop the service at the client, change the host file - adding a  line with the name and ip of the backup server - saving the  configuration and start the service.

To solve my problem, I stopped the services and added in both host files (server and client) their ips.

I hope I have helped....

21 Posts

November 18th, 2010 08:00

Thanks for all these tips.

But i solved this problem by adding in the "host" file (both server and client) their addresses ip.

139 Posts

December 28th, 2011 03:00

From where - backup server or NMC server????

No Events found!