lpenarub
1 Nickel

Re: Unable to connect to host: Please check NetWorker security settings and daemon.log on the NetWorker client and Console server for more details

What messages do you see in the daemon.raw and in the gstd.raw? Which account are you using to login to NMC?

0 Kudos
roshan-rdXhO
1 Nickel

Re: Unable to connect to host: Please check NetWorker security settings and daemon.log on the NetWorker client and Console server for more details

Hi,

Please try the below steps.

As all said clear the peer information as well as stop the services and re-name the jobsdb also in addition to that in the servers files under res  add  networker server's IP address and try once,  as that worked for me, and also client  Local hostfiles should have IP address, short name, FQDN name  of networker server and  do the same with Networker Server Local hostfiles by updating the client information in that .

Roshan

0 Kudos
ajaynp
1 Copper

i have also same problem i tried everything which is mentioned above still not working. any have any idea?

0 Kudos
SarahMilani
1 Nickel

Please follow the steps below to fix the problem:

1  - in Backup client affected, stop the services of Networker and  change the folder name \ res \ nsrla to \ res \ orignsrla (if more than  one, do all simultaneously).

2 - in Networker Server delete the client machine (if it is in the list of clients) and run the following commands:

C:\>echo del type: nsr peer information > delpeer.nas
C:\>nsradmin -i delpeer.nas -p nsrexec

3 - Start the services in the Networker backup client and confirm that a new folder \ res\nsrla was created.

4 - Make the process of installing the client on the Networker Server (Wizard mode) and confirm the creation of it.

If the problem persists, check dns.

Ping-a server IP (by client)
Ping-a client IP (by server)

Check if both resolve the name. If  not, stop the service at the client, change the host file - adding a  line with the name and ip of the backup server - saving the  configuration and start the service.

To solve my problem, I stopped the services and added in both host files (server and client) their ips.

I hope I have helped....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SarahMilani
1 Nickel

Thanks for all these tips.

But i solved this problem by adding in the "host" file (both server and client) their addresses ip.

SabarnaDeb
2 Iron

From where - backup server or NMC server????

0 Kudos
mrmcadmin
1 Copper

In my case, reinstalling (select "REPAIR") the client resolved the problem.

0 Kudos
Edu Febrero
1 Copper

De igual forma, tuve el mismo problema en la versión 8.2.X y colocando el nombre del server en el file host del cliente (que era un Linux) se solucionó.

0 Kudos