Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2017 12:00

Upgrade Networker 8.1 Client Machine

Hi guys,

I upgraded my file server which is a my networker clientt from windows Server 2008R2 to 2012R2 also I changed the hardware but I name the DC same as old DC name and same IP also

but now I got these Errors when I want add my client to my networker server again

1-Storage node is not ready

2-Storage node version is unknown

thanks For You help.

Best Regards,

Baban Ali

155 Posts

December 13th, 2017 11:00

Here is what you have to do:

Open NMC and click on Devices tab to expand "Storage Nodes" as highlighted, check if you are able to see your fileserver name out there. If yes then go to your fileserver and install NetWorker binary along with storage node option selected.

What kind of devices are you using Tape or DataDomain?

Capture.PNG.png

2.4K Posts

December 11th, 2017 10:00

There is absolute no need to delete/re-add the client.

But the messages about the storage node are strange. Where might those come from if not from this host.

24 Posts

December 11th, 2017 13:00

I do not know this confused me I will capture a screen and I will post it

thanks Bingo ...

155 Posts

December 12th, 2017 11:00

Check the storage node tab to identify if your Fileserver was designated as a storage node/dedicated storage node. If you find your file server there.....recheck if you have installed the Storage node binary as well on your new server.

This check should lead you to a resolution for this issue.

2.4K Posts

December 12th, 2017 12:00

The storage node software should not make a difference as long as you do not have a device configured.

24 Posts

December 12th, 2017 13:00

Thanks so much Mr.Bingo and Mr.Suraj

for your effort with me

I will try what you said Mr.Suraj and we will see

but sorry can you give me more detail

because i am new in Networker

thanks again

Best Regards,

baban Ali

24 Posts

December 13th, 2017 22:00

Thanks So Much Mr.SurajPujari For Your advice

I will see it now and I will send you a screen shoot

I use Data Domain.

24 Posts

December 14th, 2017 00:00

Hi Mr.SurajPujari

I did what you said I was able to see my fileserver

so I went to my file server and I removed networker user and reinstalled it with check storage node previously I was checked client          there was 3 option

1- Client

2- Storage Node

3-server and Client

I chose a second one as you said after that I did

Nsradmin -p and print type: peer information I delete on both side and restart all service but I have same issue now same

111.jpg111333.JPG.jpgCapture.JPG.jpgchfdhdfhdf.JPG.jpg

24 Posts

December 14th, 2017 00:00

Hi Mr.SurajPujari

After I did what you said and then I Clicked on device Search and Thanks of God Fixed

Thanks so so so much I appreciate your help thanks again

Best Regards,

Baban Ali

155 Posts

December 14th, 2017 11:00

Hi Baban,

Sorry to know that issue vanished and appeared again...Please take a look at daemon.raw file under storage node @ C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\logs...share it if possible.

Why are you still on 8.1.x as it is out of support now. Recommend you to upgrade it to a supported version as soon as you come out of this issue.

24 Posts

December 14th, 2017 13:00

Hi Mr.SurakPujari

Thanks so much for you my problem is fixed

And I marked your answer as correct answer

So you advise me to upgrade the networker version right for clients and server if I do this I will not cause any problem My NSR server OS is 2008 but my client is 2012

If you give upgrade steps I appreciate it

Thanks

155 Posts

December 15th, 2017 05:00

Hi Baban,

Please take a look at this document which has step by step procedure to perform upgrade.

https://www.emc.com/collateral/TechnicalDocument/docu61101.pdf

You can also reach out to Dell EMC if you are not comfortable doing this on your own as it has multiple step which involves good knowledge on NetWorker and migration process. They will provide you upgrade PS service which will get your NetWorker on the latest supported version with utmost ease and precision.

Happy that I was able to help....and Win 2008 as server OS should not be a problem as it is very much supported.

Thanks,

Suraj S. Pujari

No Events found!