Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2014 07:00

Using a private network to backup on Networker

I have a customer who has a private network set up to perform their backups. This has existed for years and has always worked. Recently, they have gone to new version of Networker (8.1.1.2) and some new servers. Since going to this new environment, the backups are going over the public network only. Answer from support is to upgrade to 8.1.1.5 and there is no mention of this issue in the release notes. Has anyone else seen this and does this upgrade fix the issue? Thanks,

David

14.3K Posts

May 21st, 2014 08:00

I use multihomed setup for both clients and server and I haven't see this issue.  I define clients as FQDN over network interface I wish communication to go plus I enforce is via designed (same) VLAN at server backup interface and storage node levels (also FQDN).

May 21st, 2014 09:00

They have all of that set up as well. All the host files appear to be correct and they are using FQDN for the backup interfaces they want to use. They have been doing this for years,  but this is a new environment and it is not doing what it should for some reason. When they kick off the back up it goes over the public network rather than the private as it should. Thanks for the reply.

No Events found!