Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2009 08:00

VCB 1.5 with networker 7.4.3-Full VM backup all have FULLVM as names

Hi there networkers,

I've been trying to implement VCB on my vmware infrastructure for a week now and this is what I have done so far by following the documentation.

1-Create a win 2003 VCB proxy server with SAN path to my VMWARE storage.
2-Install Networker Client, VCB 1.5 & Networker Integration module on proxy server.
3-Create a client resource for my proxy server in NMC.
4-For my proxy client ressource under saveset, I put: VM:
When I run my savegrp, It finishes successfully. I can see my VM mounted on the proxy server and converted to Networker.

So now my problem is this. When I look at my saveset or do mminfo on my proxy server, the saveset name all FULLVM and not the name of the VM instead.

Why is that?

Now I browse through the forum and some of the post stated here that VCB has changed for VCB 1.5 and networker 7.4.3 (again).
With my configuration, you don't need to create a proxy client resource to backup my VM anymore. All you have to do is create a client resource under his own name and under saveset put: *FULL* and under Proxy backup, choose VCB and enter your VCB proxy hostname.

Is this the new way to do it now ? Can anyone confirm this ?

14.3K Posts

April 17th, 2009 03:00

This is no longer the supported way of configuring backups - specially if you run 7.4.2 or higher. Check docs for more information. Now you need client resource as per virtual machine, no backup command and saveset name format has slightly changed.

April 17th, 2009 11:00

did a quick test with one vm host and now the FULLVM is under that VM name.

The documentation is for networker up to 7.4.2 only (I am talking about the htlm file that comes with the integration zip file). There is not section that says if you use 7.4.3 do it like this.

Now, How about file level backup ? does the saveset input changes too for 7.4.3 ?

14.3K Posts

April 17th, 2009 11:00

You can check NW admin guide or release notes and you will find details there.

File level backup is possible only with Windows clients (for example to backup C:\ your saveset would be c\ - no ":").
No Events found!