Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2015 08:00

Virtual Hosts

I am very new to EMC Networker and DataDomain, should I be backing my VMware VM with the a certain way or can I back them up traditionally by selecting the folder structure, which for some reason I am also unable to do all I am able to see is the drive letters C, D and disaster Recovery. If I place a check mark next to the C driver and hit the + sign to expand the tree nothing happens can any one think why? Thanks for the help with the two questions.

May 6th, 2015 10:00

Networker 8.x supports directives with DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ save set .

The expansion is not allowed since its part of DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ which need all the critical drive data to be backed up

We can skip critical drive or folder from critical drive using directives.  If for some reason if you would like to skip the one of the folder or critical drive from the DISASTER_RECOVERY save set client resource and backup from other resource, please note that we should not configure the both the client resource in the same group. Configuring the both the client resource in the same group will lead into data loss

To avoid the data loss situation, Configure DISASTER_RECOVERY Client with SKIP directive in different group.

Group : FileSystem

Client : WinFS

Save set: E:\sample_dir1

Directive: not configured

Save set: E:\sample_dir2

Save set: E:\sample_dir3

Save set: E:\sample_dir4

Group : FileSystemDR

Save set: DISASTER_RECOVERY:\

Directive: Enabled/Configured

2 Posts

May 6th, 2015 10:00

But even when adding an new client I don't see how i can specify what directories to be backed up.

87 Posts

May 6th, 2015 15:00

Hi cpiit,

The directory you want to backup must be specify in the field "SaveSet", seeing the client properties.

Regards,

Elvin..

May 6th, 2015 22:00

In the Configuration view, expand the NetWorker server, right-click Clients, and then select New Client Wizard

On the Specify the clent name and type window, specify the name of the host and select Traditional NetWorker client, then click Next

On the Specify the Client Backup Options window, select options as required, then click Next.

On the Select the Backup Application Type window, select Filesystem, then click Next

On the Select Files to Back Up page, leave the default selection, which includes the host and expand and select the folder which you need to be backedup

No Events found!