Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 21st, 2015 10:00

Windows Directed Recover fails with Error : Cannot recover `xxxx`-- must be owner

Hi i am facing issues with directed recover of my Windows Clients with the error message as described in the Subject.

The NSR server is WIN 2008 R2 , NW 8.0.1, Client is the same version as well and a WIN2008 machine.

Upon investigation we gathered the below error from daemon.raw from the destination client.

nable to render the following message: 93454 1429623490 2 1 154 3824 9776 0 `Dest Client Name` nsrexecd SYSTEM warning 6 %s: %s 2 0 94 Unable to send request to `Backup Server` in order to exchange user IDs for GSS authentication 24 63 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Some links on the Internet suggest this may be an issue with the NSR Authentication, but could not find conclusive answer. 

Kindly suggest and  provide your inputs as what the issue may be and how should this be fixed.

Carlos Rojas crazyrov Hrvoje Crvelin William Mason Inputs appreciated

14.3K Posts

April 21st, 2015 11:00

Indeed, error might suggest that, but if so, you would see in daemon.raw some errors related to it too I assume. 

Let's check basics; since you are doing directed restore, are you doing it from client?  If no, try it that way.  If yes, confirm that target (like user@target or *@target) is on remote access list of source client. 

GSS is for sure nsrauth so check what is the state of that setting on server and destination client.  It might that in daemon.raw you will find more related messages and they may lead you to next step (like removal of keys on server or similar).

14.3K Posts

April 21st, 2015 12:00

You can clear those online so no need to any window, but perhaps it would be wise to paste those errors here to see what it is really.  When doing restore, I assume you use admin user?

April 21st, 2015 12:00

Yes , tried restore from Client as well. but the result is the same. Remote Access List has *@* entry , so that should not be a problem ,

Also the directed recovery is failing for all Windows Clients. So i guess this is not a problem with just one client.

Interesting thing and worth mentioning , i do have nsr peer info warnings on the NSR server , which i will be clearing once i have a maintenance window for my backup server.

No Events found!