Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2009 00:00

Windows Internal Database and WSUS

Hi,

I'm getting the below errors on a VMware client running Windows 2008 R2 x64 and Networker 7.4.4 x64. Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 is installed on the server.

Here is the error:

savegrp: suppressed 7  lines of output.

Windows Internal  Database - ERROR: Failed to save FileGroup files, writer =  SqlServerWriter

Windows Internal  Database - Error saving writer Windows Internal  Database

Windows Internal  Database - ERROR: Aborting backup of saveset VSS SYSTEM SERVICES: because of the  error with writer Windows Internal Database.

Windows Internal  Database - Error saving

7162:(pid 2552): save  of VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\ to backupservername failed

Can anyone here help me find a solution on this.

I know Networker isn't supported on Windows 2008 R2 yet, but i hope someone has a solution/workaround on this one.

regards Kasper

334 Posts

October 26th, 2009 08:00

Hi Kasper,

Windows Server 2008 R2 has new  features that require some development effort for NetWorker.  We are looking at  early 2010 for protecting R2 client OS, initially on the 7.5 release train,  quickly followed by NW 7.6. Support for server and storage nodes will arrive in  a following quarter.

Hope this helps.

Allan

45 Posts

October 28th, 2009 16:00

Sounds like a VSS problem to me. Have you disabled VSS in your client properites?

VSS:*=off

78 Posts

November 18th, 2009 13:00

It's all about changes made to the 2008 R2 SYSTEM STATE databases. There are some significant modifications that you will see an answer for shortly from our Product Manager group. I'll make sure this gets propogated over to you Kasper, and the rest of this thread...

2 Posts

November 18th, 2009 18:00

ya we also having the same problem in win2008 r2

my networker version 7.5 build 179

VSS ASR DISK:\ 1 retry attempted
VSS ASR DISK:\ 57932:save: Invalid saveset path specification for this OS platform: "VSS ASR DISK:\"
VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\ savegrp: suppressed 8 lines of output -
check daemon.log for details.
VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\
VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\ Windows Internal Database - ERROR: Failed to save FileGroup files, writer = SqlServerWriter
VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\ Windows Internal Database - Error saving writer Windows Internal Database
VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\ Windows Internal Database - ERROR: Aborting backup of saveset VSS SYSTEM SERVICES: because of the error with writer Windows Internal Database.
VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\ Windows Internal Database - Error saving
VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\ 7162:save: save of VSS SYSTEM SERVICES:\ to maps-dolphin.lc-domain.int failed

hope hear your update soon ...

4 Posts

November 19th, 2009 01:00

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your answer, I'm glad to hear that your working on a solution. We desperately need that client, since we was a bit to fast to deploy some windows 2008 R2 VM's and now we must use Windows Backup to have a valid backup.

regards kasper

78 Posts

November 24th, 2009 09:00

Hoping for a fully baked and GA'ble code at the the end of Q1.

We'll be sure to let you know if we can get it sooner. We are getting a lot of requests for it so you are not alone!

4 Posts

November 24th, 2009 09:00

Great news Steven. I'm looking forward then

July 26th, 2010 14:00

Hi,

I am using 7.6 on Networker server and 7.5.2 on WSUS Windows 2008 R2 and I am getting still the same error..job is flaged as failed ... as i can see 7.5.2 should fully support Win 2008 R2.. so why it doesn't ??

Rgrds,

jarek

123 Posts

July 27th, 2010 05:00

Hi Jarek,

Yes, Networker 7.5.2 supports Windows 2008 R2. Volume Shadow Copy Service is provided by Microsoft and issues with VSS also could cause the backup to fail. If you still experiencing the issue I would suggest you to raise a case with EMC support so that we can investigate further on this issue.

Arun

No Events found!